Black Bart Offshore 7-30-11

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
No tuna this trip but we did find a few big dolphin

Started at the tip of the Baltimore Canyon (70 nm off) and move in to the lumps area

Lost a small tuna boatside - looking forward to August

100_6255.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

fender66 said:
That's awesome!

Yours is clearly bigger. :shock: :LOL2:

Actually, they are either all mine or none are mine depending on how you look at things. We troll 8-10 rods, so the boat actually hooks the fish - then it is a team effort to land these fish, someone has to take the boat out of auto pilot and run the boat accordingly, another guy leaders and another guy works the gaff.

The rest of the crew has to clear lines and assist in other ways.

I am usually on the leader.

i have not reeled in a fish in a few years now and really cannot until i train someone how to do the other stuff

Team efforts make it all the more cool.

Guess this Midwestern guy doesn't know much about your kind of fishing. :wink:

Captain Ahab said:
fender66 said:
That's awesome!

Yours is clearly bigger. :shock: :LOL2:

i have not reeled in a fish in a few years now and really cannot until i train someone how to do the other stuff

That's a bummer, if I had more flexibility, I'd come out there and be you protege' to lean the ropes and let you reel one in :) :)

Great job catching those fish.
I see a familar face in those pictures.
Hope he is nailing the fish also,like he normally does.

Actually, they are either all mine or none are mine depending on how you look at things. We troll 8-10 rods, so the boat actually hooks the fish - then it is a team effort to land these fish, someone has to take the boat out of auto pilot and run the boat accordingly, another guy leaders and another guy works the gaff.

The rest of the crew has to clear lines and assist in other ways.

I am usually on the leader.

This is what is supposed to happen. What usually happens is everyone is completely surprised that we had a knock down, then we scramble to figure out what rod is going off. Then everyone starts screaming and frantically doing very little, but we eventually get the fish to the boat :mrgreen:

To be more specific though, Ahab doesn't catch fish :LOL2:

Zum said:
Great job catching those fish.
I see a familar face in those pictures.
Hope he is nailing the fish also,like he normally does.

it looks like Jake but it can't be he is smiling..
nice job guys

Latest posts