Got a good one in my Tin boat :-)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish Chris

Reaction score
As most of you know, I fish a LOT, and a lot of my fishing is specifically for giant, trout-eating, California bass {although I have really been getting back to my multi-species roots, more and more the last few years}.
Anyway, Thursday, I was fishing at a little trout-fed pond, and caught the second biggest bass of my life, and the biggest in 5 years, since my 18.4 lb PB.

Not only was she huge, at 17.1 lbs, and 28 1/2 length, by 25 girth, but she was exceptionally clean, and healthy looking. I have every reason to believe she will live at least 2 or 3 more years, with all the chance in the world to reach 20 lbs..... at which point I will catch her again, setting the new Nor Cal record (current is 18.7 lbs) and setting a new PB :)
Whooo Hooo ! :) What a fish, huh ? :)

10a6cb530.jpg

10a753cb0.jpg

Great fishing to you guys,
Fish Chris

NICE FISH! My chances of that are little to none, seeing how I have been skunked the last three days, not even a bite.

You say "little pond," but how big is it acre wise (if you know)? I know some of y'all record chasers are protective about your baits and might not want to share what you caught him on, but...what did you catch her on? That is a great fish wherever you are.

Is it a prespawn fish with eggs or is it just really healthy and fat?

It was definately prespawn. I caught it on a 6" Huddleston trout. The pond is about 60 acres, and is a public place, but most of the fishing pressure is for dinky little hatchery trout.... dumped in 1 week, and pulled out the next. Hey man, whatever flips your switch. But I just don't think fishing for a trophy bass' dinner, could ever send my adrenalin level through the roof, or make my heart lodge in my throat, like catching a monster bass does ! :)

Oh, my gear is just a medium light spinning rod, although I use 30 lb braid on it, with a 20 lb fluorocarbon leader.

Peace,
Fish Chris

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooood God that is one big bass.

Pretty fish - you are right it looks super healthy.

Cannot wait to see it again in two years 8)

PLEASE PUT IT BACK!!!!! ITS SCAR'N ME!!!!!! THAT IS BOUT THE BIGGEST FLIPP'N HAWG I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts