Not what I wanted to Catch 9-18-12

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
Hit a local pond for a quick hour of rain fishing - the fish tend to bunch up near an inlet stream when the rain start the stream flowing good.

Arrived to find that it was flowing but not as strong as i like. Used a standup football head with a Charlie Brewer worm for a while and managed a small LMB

Switched over to a popper and 1st cast I lay that lure right in the spot and give it a gentle twitch - 2nd twitch - BAM! a freaking green heron swoops out of the bush and nails my popper - Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The heron gets the rear treble in the beak and tries to fly away - oh no, not with my 25.00 Rico - the fight is on!

As i am trying to drag the stupid bird close enough to get the lure out it makes a hard left turn into some heavy bush down the bank. There is no shore access there and I really do not want to go swimming.

I get a long stick to try to pry the bird out. Insert stick into bush - bird freaks out and come free and take off. Popper is now hung in bush - Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Finally got the lure back after some serious crawling through the undergrowth

I wanted to take some pics but I felt the pressing need to set the heron free

He looked like this (but with a 4" Rico in his beak)

GreenHeron.jpg

Ha, leave it to Capt to go bird fishing in the rain?? :) :) =D>

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-v3cfwkHvAoA/T2ESjoqGz8I/AAAAAAAAADI/HbA4iuJ9B5A/s1600/captainahab.jpg

Ahab you’re just lucky it wasn't one of these birds (cassowary) you probably have a whole different story to tell us. :LOL2:

Attachments

• HDCZCACDO4GFCAP7WEV8CAJHNDR4CAWIFE53CA1OMPU2CAN5GFSRCAKXT0MSCAQ4VICACA308F9VCAP585D7CAGHO2BDCA...jpg
    HDCZCACDO4GFCAP7WEV8CAJHNDR4CAWIFE53CA1OMPU2CAN5GFSRCAKXT0MSCAQ4VICACA308F9VCAP585D7CAGHO2BDCA...jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 808
Hey, at least ya caught something, maybe next time ya might catch some fesh.
Last year a big pelican flew down and caught my jig and man ya talking about a fight, wow, those big boogers are real mean!

I was casting off of a bridge once and a seagull swooped down and swallowed my bait and hook...ughh...

When I was about 6yrs old, I caught a duck at the local lake.. The fight was on too, and he broke off and fled the scene. I'll never forget that..

BassGeek54 said:
:LOL2: you and Bill Dance should get together...between the 2 of you there is the making of a darn good comedy video.

i would kick his ***!

and stomp his dumb *** hat

he did not even attend that school

Latest posts