Man I love fall Fishing!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wallijig

Reaction score
Once cool fall weather hits big eye in SD put on the feed bag. Saturday and Sunday buddy and I hammered a slough of dandy eyes. Guessing easy 60 eyes on Saturday evening and even more on Sunday evening. We had at one time 20 casts in row landing a dandy eye every cast!! Can not wait to get back out after them. I have been talking to some other anglers around state and there favorite walleye haunts are doing the same.

Here are pics of sample of what we have been landing.
IMG_0041_1_.JPG

IMG_0042_1_.JPG

IMG_0048_2_.JPG

When left lake Saturday it was 39*. Got down to 28* that night. We are to be in mid 70's with lows in 50' all this week. Water temp now in mid to upper 50's.

We are site fishing using #7 Rattlin' Rapala's or #9 Shallow shad raps
Once dusk hits they are chasing minnows to top at weed edges. watch for disturbance on water and pitch rap over by it. Most times one only has to reel about 2"-3" and one will have fish on.

Hope to be back at them this evening. See how I feel though. I broke a tooth eating some almonds and have to have some major dental repair today. :?

https://www.rapala.com/Rattlin-Rapala/Rattlin Rapala,default,pd.html?start=33&cgid=rapala-lures

https://www.rapala.com/Shallow-Shad-Rap/Shallow Shad Rap,default,pd.html?start=38&cgid=rapala-lures

Sorry to hear about the almond insident but looks like your having a great time on the water.
Real nice fish,WTG.

Water down here isn't that cool yet still in the mid to high 70's. Looks like you guys up north are killing the eyes. Do you like fall fishing? :lol:

It was another picture perfect fall night again last night. With the bonus, the walleyes were on the feed!! Fished from 5pm to midnight. Pretty much the whole night it was a walleye every cast!!! Man that was fun. You know you had a good night of fishing when ones arm is sore from reeling them in then night before.
Here are a few photo's of our subjects...

IMG_0062_1_2.JPG
IMG_0063_1_1.JPG
IMG_0064_1_3.JPG

IMG_0061_1_1.JPG

Latest posts