What did you catch today?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abraham

Reaction score
Seems weird to see everyone posting their own thread on what they've caught. Let's put them all together in one. My friend and I were lucky enough to get five cats this morning. Set the lines last night with goldfish and black perch. What say you?

We caught another channel a little bigger than that little guy and released him but that small one we kept had run the hook up through his eye and was barely moving or we would've let him go.

Been a great spring since ice out. Been catching lot of eyes. releasing most of them kept a few today for dinner guest.

image-51.jpg

Here's one from night before (Saturday)

image-38.jpg

Fishing was not disappointing again Tuesday evening.
Here's sample of afternoon/evening catches......

Been getting 5-6 of these toads a afternoon...
IMG_0502_1_.JPG

Many eyes in like these too..
IMG_0500_1_.JPG

IMG_0498_1_1.JPG

IMG_0493_1_1.JPG

10 days ago we got 17" of wet heavy snow. (May 2013)

Today it is windy, and it just hit 100*f in Albert Lea, MN!

Crazy weather this May.

Report for tomorrow says back to normal weather. Get to fish Wen/Thurs then not again for a week or so (new boat will get set up, old one traded in).

Slow morning, but it sure was pleasant to be on the lake and have it entirely to myself! :D
One 23" Northern
One 8" Blue Gill
One 18" Channel

No eyes yet. Surface temp was 57*f.

They were tearing up a spinner bait tonight at the pond, bass, bluegill, bream and crappie...about 10 in about an hour.

All fish were caught in the spill way, the largest on the second day weighed in a 5lb 8oz. Using a crank bait.

Attachments

• 5.21.2013.jpg
    5.21.2013.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,806
  • 5.23.2013.jpg
    5.23.2013.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,806
I'm about to head to my local river and see if I can spin a prop and dent up my tin boat...maybe I can catch some cats.

It aint the biggest pile of em I've caught there but its enough to eat! Upper santa fe river in north Fl.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369748136852.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369748136852.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 2,770
Not today but Saturday... Caught 21 crappie over 6 hours. They were shallow with some on beds and were a pain to catch. Not much was biting Saturday morning, I missed 3 bass early on topwater (I think they were bass). I found crappie up on the docks over rock. To catch the crappie- they only wanted red. I had redbody, yellow tail tubes. Used a white head as they didn't want yellow or pink heads. Had to slow down the retrieve to "painfully slow". To keep it off the bottom, I used a small bobber, fished at about 12 inches off the bottom , pull show and let it sit for a few seconds just immobile, jiggle it, then pull slow again It had to have scent on it, or they wouldn't hold on. Fish were in/ beside docks with lots of shade and rock.

The crappie fed the family with another 1.5 lbs of fillets left for a future fish fry. :) They ranged from 8 to 11 inches. Don't know how the 8" ones got in the livewell, I must have just been happy to hook something.

My son in the photo below didn't go along. But he was very interested in the fish. This kid LOVES to eat fish. It's one of his favorite meals and he couldn't wait till these came out of the fryer. :)

Attachments

• matt.jpg
    matt.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 1,170
Bass bite has been off due to all the rain. Finally managed to catch a decent fish and got up close and personal with some local wildlife.

Attachments

• P1040427.JPG
    P1040427.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 1,157
  • 931354_484660288272367_38889704_n.jpg
    931354_484660288272367_38889704_n.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 1,157
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=317521#p317521 said:
Rippen Lips » Today, 17:19[/url]"]Bass bite has been off due to all the rain. Finally managed to catch a decent fish and got up close and personal with some local wildlife.

That one does look like a keeper. Congrats.

Went to the Mississippi River today. It rained on and off all day. I think it only stopped raining for 45 minutes straight. Water level was VERY high. We launched from the road going to the park as the whole park was underwater. We managed some nice fish though - caught 26 in total. I think it will take 2 days to dry all the gear out.
uploadfromtaptalk1370491491643.jpg