Table Rock Lake - caught fish - met KVD

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldog

Reaction score
I went to Table Rock this past weekend and had a blast. I have been there a few times before and it is either hit or miss. This time we went with a group of 10 and stayed at Big Cedar Lodge. I highly recommend Big Cedar. It was amazing.

I caught 12 keepers total in 3 days and caught about 5 short fish. A bunch of good smallies, spots, and largemouths. Most fish were caught in 15-20' of water on green jigs or PB&J jigs. On Saturday morning my fishing partner and I had 5 keepers in 45 minutes. Water temp was around 75-80 the whole time. Night fishing was good as well. Main lake points seemed to produce the most fish.

I trolled some white crank baits for the first time in my life and caught 3 really nice fish. Trolling is a blast and I had no idea what I was missing.

KVD was docked up in the slip right next to me for 3 days. I finally got a chance to meet him on Saturday afternoon. Gave him a business card and talked for a short time. Seemed like a good guy but was in a rush. His nephew was also there docked up but I never got to meet him. I heard they were there doing a photo shoot for a catalog. There were a whole group of Pros there doing the shoot. Pretty cool.

Attachments

• photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    294 KB · Views: 389
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    336.3 KB · Views: 389
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    404.3 KB · Views: 389
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    403.2 KB · Views: 389
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    423.6 KB · Views: 389
Looks like you had a great time!

Can you write this off as a business trip now? :LOL2: :LOL2:

I love Table Rock but it can be really tough at times. Big Cedar is awesome, the wife and I have stayed there a few times and it's always a great experience. I got the chance to meet KVD while he was down there last year for the Oakley Big Bass Tournament. He was a very nice guy and was nice enough to autograph and give me an Oakley hat even though I wasn't in the tournament and took the time to take a picture with my wife and I.

Latest posts