My 5 yr. old's 1st trip

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeA57

Reaction score
I took Colby, my 5 yr.old to a lake that I've got access to this past Saturday to fish for bream. We were only there about 4 hours - once he started pestering me relentlessly about being tired and wanting to go home I knew he'd had enough. He was unsure of the boat and how it bobbled around at first but he got used to it. He even "caught" 4 of the 8 Bream we got. I was proud of him and more importantly he was proud of himself for dealing with the boat and catching fish!

Mike

Attachments

• Colbys Bluegill 1.jpg
    Colbys Bluegill 1.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 389
Awesome!!! My almost 5yr olds trip was the same way, we stayed out for 2 hours. He was unsure of the boat, but liked it afterwards, now he wants to go again..which is great!

Great report! My 5 year old daughter can stay there all day .... boat or bank now. Started with the shorter trips when she was 3-4years old. My 7 year old son on the other hand has never learned the patience part. He is okay when we bank fish because he can play in the woods or do something else (Doesn't matter if he is catching fish or not he can only stick with it 15 to 30 minutes). He refuses to go in the boat.

If he lasted 4 hours, you did good. That lake sure looks fishy with that timber.

Tell the little man that we said "Good job! and Nice fish!".

Latest posts