Me and Taylor got into some big gills today!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alumacraftjoe

Reaction score
Went this morning and boy was the lake muddy (looked like chocolate milk after all the rain we had yesterday). We really got some nice gills though and caught 18 between the two of us in 2 1/2 hours only one smaller than 8 inches with the biggest caught by Taylor of course at just over 11 inches. The bite was very light they sorta just made the float move a bit.. however as soon as we set the hook the fight was on.
All fish fell for white bug jigs I made. Taylor thew a small crankbait for a while and caught a monster snail. All in all it was a nice morning .. we had to make it a short trip as we have a lot of family in town. Taylor kept a few so we can have some fresh fish for dinner after the in laws leave. Enjoy the pics:

Taylor's first fish I had the camera on the wrong setting and it didn't come out well, I used photo shop to brighten it up a bit but this was the best I could do.
Jun012010001.jpg

Some more of Taylor:
Jun012010002.jpg

Jun012010004.jpg

Jun012010005.jpg

Jun012010012.jpg

Jun012010013.jpg

Taylor's snail:
Jun012010009.jpg

Daddy's little helper:
Jun012010014.jpg

Finally my best fish of the day:
Jun012010007.jpg

nice gills ... greatest thing about that post is the smile on that lil girls beautiful face... God bless ...jigster60

Man I miss catching and eating some of them! We used to catch huge ones all the time. Looks like she had fun. Congrats on a great day of fun.

slim357 said:
Looks like fun was had by all, doesnt it feel good to catch fish on baits you made.

Sure does.. feels even better watching your kids catch fish on baits you made. I just got back from a trip to Arkansas and caught several on some crappie jigs I made recently.

sweet!

I've done the same with my daughter catching gills on flies I tied(trailering off a beetlespin). Those are great sized gills too!

Latest posts