A pike as big as a house!?!?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
pike.JPG

Took this today while fishing during lunch. Caught this guy on the light rod with 6 lb test. Fun fight. Couldn't get him down for a picture and afraid he would bite me (again), I put the phone down next to him and snapped it. Didn't know what it looked like till later. Ten minutes after I returned him, I saw he was happly resting next to shore in my shadow. I thought there might be another next to shore and cast reel close in. This is in a manmade 'lagoon' with steps going into the water. A HUGE norther almost took my little bait, but I think he got turned back because he didn't fit over the last step (6-7 inches). Had he got ahold of the bait and I could keep him from breaking off, I'd still be there fighting him. Just a monster.

Fun and exciting lunch.

Will :)

This guy just put a tooth in my hand. I only put it close to his mouth trying to figure out how to get the burried treble out. I had one pair of pliers and left the mouth spreader in the car. He moved so fast and got me before I could even think to move my hand. I would have made a terrible crocidile hunter.

I've watched John Gilespie's Water and woods show and he gets bit every time he catches one. They don't edit it out and there is blood everywhere, but he never seems to need stiches. Now I wouldn't put a finger in there to see what happens because they have some good grip.

I finally just grabbed him by the head and worked the treble out.

Great fish - just lip them that is what i do - once you get the big teeth stuck in your hand they cannot bite you anymore

Captain Ahab said:
Great fish - just lip them that is what i do - once you get the big teeth stuck in your hand they cannot bite you anymore

I hear you lip walleyes too. :wink:

That sounds like a good lunch break to me. If I went fishing on my lunch break I doubt I would return to work....that sounds like a good idea :idea:

Captain Ahab said:

Nice Pick!! man I miss catching them (I just miss fishing in general!!)

And dont let Dave fool ya into thinking hes a tough guy by lipping pickerel, if you look closely you can see a tear drop starting to roll down his right cheek, also note the pained expression on his face.

Attachments

• pick2.jpg
    pick2.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 139
BassAddict said:
Captain Ahab said:

Nice Pick!! man I miss catching them (I just miss fishing in general!!)

And dont let Dave fool ya into thinking hes a tough guy by lipping pickerel, if you look closely you can see a tear drop starting to roll down his right cheek, also note the pained expression on his face.

LMAO

Latest posts