New PB this morning

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
I was invited to go fishing with a friend who lives 40 miles north of here, so I got up, drove north, met him at the ramp, and he had his boat on the water at 0700. We were fishing at John James Audubon Park in Henderson, KY. He was the first to get a bite in shallow water along the bank, but it didn't want to take the hook, and it looked to be at least a nice 2lb'er. Fished that bank for awhile and moved to another spot. He mentioned that we should try a spot off a point over some rocks. Moved over there and I finally got a bite in about 2' of water. It put up a good fight and moved from one side of the boat to the other trying to go under it. Finally wore it out and it surfaced. After getting it in the boat we weighed it on my friend's scale. New personal best with this weighing 5lb 5oz. :)

normal_8-1-09_5lb_5oz_Audubon_Park_catch.jpg

Bait: Black/Blue 1/4oz Jig with black Basssnacks Trailer
Rod: BPS Extreme XPS 7' MH spinning rod
Reel: Quantum Catalyst (40 series)
Line: 8# Yo-Zuri Hybrid

congrats... Use to live in Henderson fished that lake many times got some of the biggest Bull bluegills ya ever seen in it too... I had one that size outta that lake about 6 yrs ago myself congrats again ..... jigster60

Thanks fellas :) . Wasn't too worried about the 8# test, as the Yo-Zuri Hybrid line I use is pretty durable. The 8# Yo-Zuri equals 12# test line, and holds well. The friend I was fishing with uses 30# braid as I recall, and he normally fishes another lake with lots of thick weeds.

here's a closer shot my friend took with his camera:
normal_8-1-09_Audubon_catch.jpg

Latest posts