Man's Best Friend Contest--WINNER---bearsphan3.14

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathanielrthomas

Reaction score
It was brought to my attention yesterday that maybe not all members have a pet. Theres gotta be some members on here that are college guys or military guys like me that just arent in a position to have a pet. I dont wanna leave anyone out.

I know theres has been times in my military career where I look to things such as fishing to comfort me. I didnt always have a boat, so getting to a pond with a fishing pole in my hand really made my day. Other guys stationed with me had different hobbies and passions that they turned to for comfort, such as gaming or customizing vehicles. Everyone has to fall back on something.

For that reason, Im opening this contest up to anyone. Anyone can post a picture of anything that has given them comfort in times of need. Im lucky to have a dog that is always happy to see me when I walk through the door. For someone else a fishing rod, boat, hobby you enjoy, vehicle, Xbox, camera, gun, or anything could serve the same purpose as a pet for us pet owners. So, the new rules are listed below.

Rules: No rules really, moderators and adminstrators are welcome to play. You dont need to have made a certain number of post or anything.

Any active member can post a picture of your favorite pet or favorite item/hobby that has given you comfort, along with a brief description and choose a number between 1-500.

Random.org will pick the winner. Closest number wins.

This can be any pet, not just a dog. Cat, ferret, hamster, snake, alpaca,etc. Any pet will get you a chance at winning. But you have to post a picture and at least tell the pet's name.

Can also be any item or hobby. Fishing pole, gun, car or truck, model airplane,camera, woodworking, jig molding, plastic bait pouring, photography,whatever....anything, as long as its important to you.

Must post a picture, brief description, and choose a number between 1-500.

The winner will receive my favorite shakey head setup. This includes a new 4 pack of black 1/8oz Strikezone Lures Shake Up Head(light hook) jig heads and a new pack of Zoom Swamp Crawlers(25pk) in Green Pumpkin.

NEW PRIZE: The winner will also receive (2) 1/2oz custom football head jigs with Gamakatsu hooks in "Hawg Hunter" color. These are premium jigs. Would easily fetch $5 each in stores.

Contest will end February 1, 2011

Disclaimer: All things can change because(thanks Jim)

Attachments

• shakeyhead-logo.jpg
    shakeyhead-logo.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 4,024
  • swampZSWC-GP-1.jpg
    swampZSWC-GP-1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 4,024
This is Coop, my Shih Tzu/Yorkie mix. He loves going fishing with me, but all the guys at the boat ramp laugh at me when I tell him to get in the boat.

Attachments

• cooperphoto.JPG
    cooperphoto.JPG
    665.6 KB · Views: 3,985
#250 Thanks for the cool Contest! :beer:

This is Zorba my Boxer. He is the man!

Notice him protecting my Smoker? :LOL2:

Reposted pictures.
DSC_0178.jpg

And him playing with his favorite toy.
[youtube]cTNCC9lwkx4[/youtube]

Excellent contest :beer:

I won't be home till the weekend so will post my pic then.

I'll play...this is cool! Thanks Nate. My number is 112.

I live in a ZOO! Dog, Cats, and all my Snakes, and Tortoises. ZOO I tell you!

First....My "Big Sweety". This is Holly Berry. (Santa brought her as a pup about 7 yrs ago) She follows me everywhere and loves me more than anyone else does.
_DSC0042.JPG

Here she is again with her cousin....a 170 lb English Mastiff named Dufus. My sister travels a bit and Dufus comes to visit several times a year.
DSC_0373.jpg

Next...my daughter's cats. Black Cat is Spooky Blue, Grey cat, now a little over a year old is Willow. I don't really have anything to do with these things. Like I said...my daughters.
IMG_2465.JPG
Willow_1.jpgWillow_2.jpg

Next, two of my MANY snakes. These are boa constrictors, and one is albino. (yes, they are mating...sorry for the graphic pic) The female is about 9 feet and weighs in around 40lb.
DCP_2426.JPG

Here are some babies from last year and different parents. Just born:
DSC_0074.JPG

Not finding any pics of my tortoises here at work...but, the biggest is around 40 lb. I have 5.

Did I mention that I live in a ZOO! :shock:

Here is our blue heeler Lollipop along with Joes dads dog JD (no, the bait operation isnt named after him) who we have been watching for the past month. #126 please!

Attachments

• IMG_0811.JPG
    IMG_0811.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 3,948
I am in with number 7...

Black Lab... mine, his name is Buck...getting kinda old...must be going on 16 or 17 yrs. buy now...moving kinda slow these days...I got him when he was about 1 year old..free from a flea market...best dog I have ever had.

Wirehair Terrier... my Ladies, his name is Spike (I named him) about 2 years old...
Got him for free from one of her friends...smart little fella goes outside with Buck or by himself and never leaves the yard...comes runnin when you call him...

It is really true what they say about the best things in life a free....

They are inseperable....

Outdoorsman.

Attachments

• New Pictures 017.jpg
    New Pictures 017.jpg
    779.3 KB · Views: 3,932
  • New Pictures 053.jpg
    New Pictures 053.jpg
    780.7 KB · Views: 3,932
  • Buck and Spike 2.jpg
    Buck and Spike 2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 3,932
I'll go with 317.

This is Bishop, the Australian Shepherd. He loves going in the woods and being around water. He likes to wade out in the water and "throw" the water with his snout. He also tries to bite it :lol:

IMG00035-20101229-1527.jpg

With a deer skull I found by the river.
IMG00020-20101212-1622.jpg

He doesn't know he was bred for herding sheep, not tracking deer.
IMG00059-20101102-1056.jpg

Cool contest!

I'll go with 243

This is Molly, Sheppard Husky mix. Not as nice as she seems, she's a badass :lol:

Loves to be out on the water!

Attachments

• 1030101106a.jpg
    1030101106a.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 3,922

This is Hershey. I have had her since she was 6 weeks old and she is now 13 and has been around for more than half of my life. She has bad hips and doesn't move like she used to, but she is still a great dog.

Attachments

• P4110003-1.jpg
    P4110003-1.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 3,899
For me 399....

Here are some pictures of my wieners :LOL2: . The smaller multi-colored one was taken from an abusive home. Her name is Dixie. She loves just to be chill and hang out and she loves the beach.

The longer wiener is named Eva, she has vision problems and barks at anyone she doesnt recognize by smell. Once she gets to know you then she is the sweetest dog I have ever had. She is rowdy and is running non-stop but never tires. I love my dogs but this breed is something else, very demanding to say the least. I think I may get a lab next time, but I still love when you walk in the door and those little dogs act like there is no one else in the world.

Attachments

• IMG_0630.jpg
    IMG_0630.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,575
  • sand.JPG
    sand.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 2,575

Here is my Chocolate Lab Buddy. I picked him out of a litter because he was the runt and the calmest little puppy! I bought him home on my shoulder and he has been by my side since. He just turned three years old Dec. 29th. He LOVES to go fishing with me. I love this dog:

SU1HMDAwMDItMjAxMDEwMTYtMTUzNy5qcGc.jpg

Here are my two puppies. My 10 year old Yellow Lab and his 4 year old tormentor brother from a different mother Pomapoo. Guess who's the tough guy/trouble maker? 276

Attachments

• IMG_6339.jpg
    IMG_6339.jpg
    886.1 KB · Views: 2,561
  • IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    687.9 KB · Views: 2,561
  • 090.jpg
    090.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 2,561

Latest posts