Free Fish Finder to anyone

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingCop

Reaction score
Anyone that can use a Hummingbird Wide 100 fish finder. It works fine BUT - there is no wiring harness and the transducer wire is cut in half (don't ask). So.... if you think you can find a wiring harness and splice (or replace) the transducer wire, it's yours. Please don't ask for it if you can't use it or if you're going to re-sell it on ebay - I'm hoping it will go to someone who doesn't have one or can't afford one and, can get the wiring harness for it.

Random name in the hat drawing on Sunday, 10-30.

Here is the manual: https://www.humminbird.com/PDF/wideonehundred.pdf

Here is a place that may have the wiring harness??? https://www.buycheapr.com/us/result.jsp?ga=us13&q=humminbird+wide+100+parts

I'd be glad to take it! I think it will fit real nice on my 12' mod V. Thats pretty nice of you, not many people do stuff like this these days :) Thanks for the opportunity! Take care. Ill check back.

I know I'm new here, but I'd love to have it! I'm handicapped and the disability hasn't been approved yet, so the funds to get one just aren't there. Thanks for the opportunity!

FC I have a Humminbird 500 series with a cracked screen, but I still have the wiring. Maybe we could combine my transducer and your display and make one actual working fish finder, lol. I'll trade you some tackle if you raffle it off and I win. I think I might need 2 units in my boat, a good one for the back and a cheap one up front for the trolling motor. This might be just what I need.

Thanks!

I would like to have it. I would consider myself as a beginner fisherman and would appreciate a "starter" fish finder in my small jon boat. I can "make do" with the transducer for sure but I'll make sure I make it work and I'll put it to use THAT'S FOR SURE. Thanks and hopefully I can win it.

Kudos to you, this is very nice of you to offer up [-o<

I am sorry to be the barer of bad news. I do want to let you and who ever receives this that you will need to buy a new transducer. I had this HB unit as well as another slightly newer model. They both used the same transducer, of which I had 2 broken cables. I tried splicing the cable and was unsuccessful, every where else online says the same thing. I luckily found a replacement transducer for my HB unit because I believe they don't make it anymore.

Derek said:
Kudos to you, this is very nice of you to offer up [-o<

I am sorry to be the barer of bad news. I do want to let you and who ever receives this that you will need to buy a new transducer. I had this HB unit as well as another slightly newer model. They both used the same transducer, of which I had 2 broken cables. I tried splicing the cable and was unsuccessful, every where else online says the same thing. I luckily found a replacement transducer for my HB unit because I believe they don't make it anymore.

That's a real bummer :( Well, I hope whoever wins it can get it working without too much trouble/cost???

I found the transducer at a local marine store for about 50 bucks. Sometimes they come up on ebay, that would be a lot cheaper

The part numbers below are the required transducer.
XHS 6 16 or 7100221
I found it cheaper under the first number when I was searching ebay for it.

And the winner - aeviaanah - congrats, hope you can get the wiring harness and splice or replace the transducer cable without too much cost or problem. The only thing I ask is that - if you can't afford the wiring harness/transducer, etc., that you offer it back up for someone else - don't just trash t or sell it on eBay, etc. The unit works fine, it came off my boat. I clipped the transducer cable in the sissors part of my trolling motor when I pulled up the motor - the cable gut cut in the trolling motor bracket. When I sold the boat, the new owner took the unit off and gave it back to me but ruined the wiring harness trying to get it off the unit and out of the boat - the wring was under the front deck and he just pulled it apart and cut it in a few places to get it out - the dumb ****.......... so, it works fine if you can get it re-wired again. Good luck and congrats.

PM me your address and I'll get t shipped out this week.

Also, we at TinBoats expect to hear back from you as to how it works out?? Also, update your profile to include your location -we'd all like to know where you're from and if you can fish all year or if fishing season is over for you this year? :) :)

FishingCop said:
And the winner - aeviaanah - congrats, hope you can get the wiring harness and splice or replace the transducer cable without too much cost or problem. The only thing I ask is that - if you can't afford the wiring harness/transducer, etc., that you offer it back up for someone else - don't just trash t or sell it on eBay, etc. The unit works fine, it came off my boat. I clipped the transducer cable in the sissors part of my trolling motor when I pulled up the motor - the cable gut cut in the trolling motor bracket. When I sold the boat, the new owner took the unit off and gave it back to me but ruined the wiring harness trying to get it off the unit and out of the boat - the wring was under the front deck and he just pulled it apart and cut it in a few places to get it out - the dumb ****.......... so, it works fine if you can get it re-wired again. Good luck and congrats.

PM me your address and I'll get t shipped out this week.

Also, we at TinBoats expect to hear back from you as to how it works out?? Also, update your profile to include your location -we'd all like to know where you're from and if you can fish all year or if fishing season is over for you this year? :) :)
Hey glad to hear I won it! Good news! Ill be sure to update my profile with location.

I am in California and am able to fish all year. You will see the fish finder on my boat shortly, hopefully I can get it working. I appreciate it!

FishingCop said:
yes, the power cord - make sure it is for the correct model that I listed and am sending you.....
I ordered the power cord from amazon.com today. Spent around 18 bucks total. They say when splicing the transducer cable you may experience electronic noise. We will see...

aeviaanah said:
Curious about how long the transducer cable is and roughly where it is cut at?

the end out of the unuti is about 24", the wire to the transducer is about 1-0-12 feet. Your splice will be above water near the unit. I didn't look, but the transducer end is probably long enough that you can open the unit and wire it direct rather than splicing???