Anyone need graphics arts?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeviaanah

Reaction score
Thought I'd contribute a bit to the forums. I am pretty good at doing graphics arts. If anyone needs anything, let me know...ill see if I can help.

BassAddict said:
A little birdie tells me that Jim is looking for a new tee shirt design, dont tell him i said :LOL2:

Yeah no kidding. I even called the guy who did my last two orders. I asked him to change the font at least....he blew me off too. :LOL2:

Jim said:
BassAddict said:
A little birdie tells me that Jim is looking for a new tee shirt design, dont tell him i said :LOL2:

Yeah no kidding. I even called the guy who did my last two orders. I asked him to change the font at least....he blew me off too. :LOL2:
Give me a rough idea of what you are looking for. How firm you are to it....etc. Colors, fonts, sizes, scheme, a sample image would work as well.

I could use a sticker on my Weldbilt Jon boat. If you are interested in doing that. Name of the boat is "Fowl Mouth" and something kinda fancy maybe 4x12" or so. PM if you're interested

vahunter said:
I could use a sticker on my Weldbilt Jon boat. If you are interested in doing that. Name of the boat is "Fowl Mouth" and something kinda fancy maybe 4x12" or so. PM if you're interested
Yea Ill help ya out! Pm sent.

Can you do vector images... or convert to vector?

If you can, then I might have a few things you can help me out with in designing my next fishing jersey...

russ010 said:

If you can, then I might have a few things you can help me out with in designing my next fishing jersey...
Yes I can do vector images. Id have to refresh on that... I have converted jpeg to vector in the past. Id have to see if I can get a hold of the software I used to use. What do you have in mind?

aeviaanah said:
russ010 said:

Yes I can do vector images. Id have to refresh on that... I have converted jpeg to vector in the past. Id have to see if I can get a hold of the software I used to use. What do you have in mind?

bangrev3.jpg

I've been doing this for a living since the early 90's. The best way to get vector art is to start drawing it in Adobe Illustrator. All the converters that I've seen are sloppy at best.

Someone prove me wrong please. Would make my life a hell of a lot easier. :LOL2:

fender66 said:
I've been doing this for a living since the early 90's. The best way to get vector art is to start drawing it in Adobe Illustrator. All the converters that I've seen are sloppy at best.

Someone prove me wrong please. Would make my life a hell of a lot easier. :LOL2:
I used a program called magic tracer. Possibly we had different uses for vectors. I typically started with a black and white image...converted a raster to a vector. In vector form I would edit in .dxf using Autodesks autocad, from there it would be sent to a CNC plasma table where it would burn art on metal. I have Illustrator. I guess the need for vectors are for resizing issues?

Russ, you are wanting to remake this logo? How firm are you to it? I need to know what you are expecting.

aeviaanah said:
fender66 said:
Russ, you are wanting to remake this logo? How firm are you to it? I need to know what you are expecting.

Hey man, if you can come up with something better - go for it... just don't break my wallet in half.

I'm all for new designs for logos... I just need something in vector so that I can get it on my shirts.

russ010 said:
aeviaanah said:
fender66 said:

Hey man, if you can come up with something better - go for it... just don't break my wallet in half.

I'm all for new designs for logos... I just need something in vector so that I can get it on my shirts.
What do you like and dislike about this logo? Any color schemes you leaning towards?

I totally agree that Magic Tracer is one of the better converters, but it will only convert a file into a single layer.

As for vector files being used for resizing issues......absolutely. A true vector file will be separated into color layers and can be made into ANY size without the risk of degradation to it. We are however at the mercy of the output device after that. Still, most are good enough.

fender66 said:
I totally agree that Magic Tracer is one of the better converters, but it will only convert a file into a single layer.

As for vector files being used for resizing issues......absolutely. A true vector file will be separated into color layers and can be made into ANY size without the risk of degradation to it. We are however at the mercy of the output device after that. Still, most are good enough.
Its best to start raw and construct a vector than to try and convert it. Some conversions just dont work in favor. Going from pixels to math, i can see why.

What kind of graphic work do you do? Are you self employed?

russ010 said:
aeviaanah said:
fender66 said:

What format are you expecting for vector?

I think I need .ai

I use Gemini Sport Marketing (Wired2Fish) to make my shirts each year.

Here is a link to what they need, just scroll down the page - https://g2gemini.com/apparel-faqs/

I have all of my vector images... I would LOVE for someone to be able to design my entire shirt (background and all).. I have other vector images (and G2Gemini has some on file as well). I don't know if they have a template or what they use to make the shirts

russ010 said:
I think I need .ai

I use Gemini Sport Marketing (Wired2Fish) to make my shirts each year.

Here is a link to what they need, just scroll down the page - https://g2gemini.com/apparel-faqs/

I have all of my vector images... I would LOVE for someone to be able to design my entire shirt (background and all).. I have other vector images (and G2Gemini has some on file as well). I don't know if they have a template or what they use to make the shirts
Sent you a private message. Get back to me when you have time.

fender66 said:

LOL Want to give lessons on illustrator?

Latest posts