Free Richter Anchor, you pay shipping.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T Man

Reaction score
I upgraded to a pair of grapnel anchors and as such I have a Richter anchor laying around now. It is either 15 or 20 pounds. West Marine has them for 75-100 dollars, you get this one for the cost of shipping from me to you or I will trade for fishing gear of a similar price. It comes with 50' of 3/8 line.

005_153_003_500.jpg

I would gladly pay you the shipping fee! I just bought my first Jon boat a few months ago, and have been trying to gradually acquire all of the necessary gear. Anchor is definitely one I need to run the mighty MO. How much is shipping?

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=350911#p350911 said:
B.E. Nelli » 20 minutes ago[/url]"]I would gladly pay you the shipping fee! I just bought my first Jon boat a few months ago, and have been trying to gradually acquire all of the necessary gear. Anchor is definitely one I need to run the mighty MO. How much is shipping?

Not a clue. PM me your address and I will get a UPS shipping quote tomorrow night when I head into work.

Are you on duckhuntingchat.com with the same name?

Nice T Man!!!

Have you had the chance to use the grapnel anchors yet? If so, how do you like them? I recently lost a 15# navy style anchor (don't ask) and I may be in the market for a new one if I can't recover the one I lost once the river lowers/clears.

They are sitting on the bow of my boat right now waiting to get rigged. I learned a way to rig them with a breakaway so if they get caught up under a submerged log jam you can get them back, Ill post some pictures. Changing over to the grapnels frees up some space in my boat and both anchors weigh about half what the Richter weighs.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=350956#p350956 said:
T Man » 7 minutes ago[/url]"] I learned a way to rig them with a breakaway so if they get caught up under a submerged log jam you can get them back, Ill post some pictures.

That would be awesome!! That's how I lost my anchor. Was anchoring off the stern in water that I didn't think was very swift. Once the anchor caught onto whatever on the bottom, it was game over.

I about sunk my boat last year trying to retrieve an anchor that was hung up in a brush pile. I was anchored from the bow and every time I would pull up on the anchor it would pull the boat down instead of the anchor up. I wasnt able to get above the snag because of a shoal. I finally broke it free but pulled up a log with the anchor. I started looking for another option and found this setup online. I still keep a cutaway knife on my life jacket just in case.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34195&p=350965#p350965

No sweat.

Nelli, unless you tell me you don't want it ill throw in an eagle cuda 168 fish finder. It doesn't have a transducer because I pinched the wires but as far as I know it works. Its nothing fancy, but it does give accurate depth and temp.

Dude you are the man! I had been looking for a cheap sonar just to see the river bottom with. I'm sure I can find a transducer that will work with it. Thanks so much.

No sweat. It was just gonna collect dust in my garage. It is the same as the lowrance x4 so the ducer for that may work, but I think they can still be had on amazon

Awesome man, I did some searching, and it will be pretty easy to find one. Thanks again. If you ever make it up around Omaha or KC and wanna do some hunting or fishing let me know. How far from KC are you?

As the guys on the box pass can attest to I'm horrible at getting things shipped. Will try to get it sent out to you tomorrow

Latest posts