Abu Garcia rods

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cavman138

Reaction score
What can you guys tell me about the Abu Garcia Vendetta and Veritas rods? Is there a difference between the two besides the color scheme? I picked up both of them yesterday and thought they both felt good, good enough to rethink getting a carrot stick. If you have either one what reel did you match it with?

I have the Vendetta and Revo SX. I'm still pretty new and don't have a lot to compare it to, but I love it. I guess the best info that I can give is that I have not had any issues with either piece. It has held up well all summer and I have nothing bad to report about it. Good luck

I have the veritas, I chose it over the vendetta based on weight. The vendetta felt a little heavier. Both are nice rods especially with the price tag. I use it as a flippin stick. Either would be be nice rod. I have mine paired with a BPS pro qualifier. I would pick either one over the carrot stick. I have seen several of the carrot stick kinda blow up (break in 3 places) on normal hooksets.

From what I have read the Veritas is a better rod and is also a more balanced rod then the Vendetta. That being said, people still have pretty good reviews and results with the Vendetta. I believe both rods were made to be paired with the Revo SX/STX

I heard that the Vendetta's rating was a little off (MH felt like a H) I was wondering if the Veritas is the same way

Not that I have used a ton of different rods, but I picked up a Vendetta last summer and I love it. I was happy to find a good rod for under $100, and this winter I am buying up a couple more on the cheap. I see no reason to spend any more on other rods: the action is nice, the sensitivity is there, and it has great backbone. For a guy that pretty much had to get one rod and use it for multiple purposes, it did well. I caught a TON of bass on it using the tried and true Texas Rig, I dragged a ton of really nice bass out of the slop frogging with it, and I also did well with swim jigs with it. Hell, I even managed to do ok with it using it as a flipping rod (not great mind you, but ok).

The weight also seemed ok to me. I fished quite a few all-day trips multiple days in a row and never really felt tired.

I am sure there are better rods, but I won't bother with them because frankly, I like the Vendetta and it's cost. To move up and buy a nicer more expensive rod would ruin that for me...

I bought the Veritas a little while ago and it feels like a great rod. I have it paired with a Revo STX and the balance is fantastic. The rod is light, but feels like it still has backbone. I don't think I like buying fishing equipment during the winter though. It is driving me crazy that I can't use it. Come on spring

bearsphan3.14 said:
I bought the Veritas a little while ago and it feels like a great rod. I have it paired with a Revo STX and the balance is fantastic. The rod is light, but feels like it still has backbone. I don't think I like buying fishing equipment during the winter though. It is driving me crazy that I can't use it. Come on spring

I see you did go with the vertias, nice! They are light but have plenty of back bone. I use mine a flippin sitck with 20 lb fluoro and haven't had issues. I flip alot of docks. The rod had done really well and is way lighter than my previous flippin stick.

Ya, I plan on using it for flipping, pitching and frogs. I went with the 7-3 MH. I can't wait to spool it up and wet some line.

Latest posts