Looking for short (6-6.5') light spinning rod (Suggestions)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cartman

Reaction score
I am in the market for a light spinning rod in the 6'2"-6'6" range. I would prefer a short handle as this would be used for a back-up wade rod; mainly working soft plastics with an 1/8 oz jig. I have done extensive searches online but seems every spinning rod in a light action is 7'. Price range around 50-100, give or take. Open to all suggestions.

Much appreciation in advace,

Cartman

I've got a Berkley Lightning Rod that is a 6' 6" in light action. It's been a very good rod for me. I've had it for several years now. They only run about $50 (or less) which is nice on the wallet. :D

If you know a custom builder, get him to build you a rod on the SJ 783 blank, one of the MHX blanks from Mudhole. I'm a builder, and I've built a lot of those. I have one, in spinning, myself, and I made my son a casting rod with the same blank.
It's of a type called a "spin jig" blank. Good butt strength, very fast tip. I can cast an unweighted Trickworm with mine a long way.

Steve Broadwell

UtahBassKicker said:
I've got a Berkley Lightning Rod that is a 6' 6" in light action. It's been a very good rod for me. I've had it for several years now. They only run about $50 (or less) which is nice on the wallet. :D

X2 on the lighting rod, it's my favorite setup for throwing light soft plastics

BassAddict said:
UtahBassKicker said:

X2 on the lighting rod, it's my favorite setup for throwing light soft plastics

x3 on the Lightning rod. I personally feel that lightning rods are the best value in fishing rods on the market. The price to weight and sensitivity is super hard to beat.

St Croix Triumph series. Great rod and lighter on the wallet than the other series. 6' and 6'6" available. $80 at Cabelas & BassPro.

Latest posts