POLL new baitcaster

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POLL Which Baitcaster?

• Abu Garcia Pro Max2 $80 8 bearing 7.1:1

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Quantum Antix $90 9+1 bearing 7.0:1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quantum Centex $80 9+1 bearing 7.0:1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't know anything about any of your choices....I can't vote. :(

But if you want to add more money to the pot.....I'll offer some suggestions. :D

Pro Qualifier from Bass Pro when it goes on sale

theyyounggun said:
Depends. Come at me

Any of the Lews reels. For around $159 or less if you look around....you can get the Tournament Speed Spool Baitcast Reel.

https://www.lews.com/reels.htm#5

I love 'em as much as my Curado and Abu Garcia STX reels which run around $50 more.

Brine said:
Pro Qualifier from Bass Pro when it goes on sale
x2 on this. Decent reels for the money.
I also really like the Carbonlites and JM Signature BCs.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Bass Pro Shops Johnny Morris signature reels are the best value on the market.

i have a couple 6500's, a 5500 and a 7000 or 7500 i use for catfishing and the 70000 i use for surf fishing aswell as a small boat rod for bailer dolphins.

juggernoob said:
D) Shimano Citica 200e

You can find practically new ones on eBay for $80-$90.

That would be my choice, even brand new their only $129. And this years models are available in the 7:1 ratio your looking for.

+1 on the Citica. I had several of them a few years ago and never had any problems. Just bought one of the new 2012 models 2 weeks ago and very impressed so far.

I do like the Bass Pro Shops Johnny Morris signature reel but I love my Tica Sculptors...eight years old, dozens of tournaments and still going strong...

Latest posts