Whats your go to plastic bait

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ky.jonboatfisher

Reaction score
Ok so what your favorite name in plastic lures and bait itself? As for me its gotta be ZOOM all the way and a junebug worm in the ZOOM

It's now in the bait & tackle section. :wink:

My go-to plastics include the Wave Worm Tiki Stick Red Shad worm, Strike King Rage Craw (summer craw color), and a Black w/Blue Flake Basssnacks Shakit worm. I t-rig them on Gammy 3/0. 4/0, or 5/0 hooks, usually with a 1/8oz bullet weight. The Tiki Sticks also work well t-rigged weightless.

6" Zoom Brush Hog - Junebug - T-rigged with a 1/8oz bullet weight on a 5/0 EWG
5" Tiki Stick - Watermelon Chartreuse Laminate - Rigged weightless on a 4/0 EWG

:twisted: If I'm having a super tough day catching bass my go to bait would have to be a 5" T-rigged Yamamoto Senko preferably in Blk/blu.

I/2 oz Green pumpkin Arkie jig wif Green pumpkin chigger craw wif the tips of claws dyed red...carolina rigged green pumpkin Brush Hawg... and on super tough days drop shoting Robo worm oxblood color...JIGGY

the only plastics I really use are white 4" curly tail grubs, and zoom worms. im trying little by little to get away from fishing live bait all the time

Strike King Rage Craw (summer craw color),

how do yall rig your plastic crawlers?

Loggerhead Mike said:
the only plastics I really use are white 4" curly tail grubs, and zoom worms. im trying little by little to get away from fishing live bait all the time

Strike King Rage Craw (summer craw color),

how do yall rig your plastic crawlers?
I Texas rig them, carolina rig, or on a jig/jig-head. My go to plastics are generally 7inch power worms in blue fleck, or super flukes in white, watermelon red, or some bait fish pattern.

3 inch green stick worm from JD baits (they are softer and work better than senkos for this) Texas rigged with a 1/8th sinker on the front and move it erratically across the bottom. Thanks to this board for the idea. Catches bass, perch, northern, etc. If there is a hungry fish in the water, they will bite it. Makes slow days go by faster when you're catching fish. Last lake we were getting skunked at, it pulled the 3.5 lber from beside the dock when nothing else would work.

I don't like throwing 6" worms... they have to be atleast 7.5" and Yum Ribbontails are my favorite. If I'm throwing a 6" worm, it's going to be a Berkly Powerbait and black is the only color I will throw with that brand.

My other go to bait in plastics is a lizard... and junebug works year round for me in all types of water and all weather conditions

Mine so far has been a weightless Senko, rigged weedles, on a 4/0 wide red offset gamatsu, watermelon black seed.. For the money 7.00 for 10, They really are not very durable at all, I didn't realize zoom was made 10 miles from my house till I bought some trick worms the other day, I am gonna try to find what I want in zoom...

Latest posts