First choice Lure,Bait !

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on what I am fishing for and where - if LM Bass in a local pond - early morning I love topwater - usually a Rico Popper

spring summer fall I'm looking at a top water bait once the water temps drop below 55 i'm going crank bait below 50 silverbuddy below 40 jerk bait

For me It depends on the water temp. During spring and fall I will use a crankbait or soft plastic (shakey,wacky rig). In the summer I use topwater(frogs,popper,buzzbait)

I always start off with a spinnerbait.. because I love catching pike early in the morning on inland MI lakes

for LM I normally start off with a horny toad rigged for topwater... but this past summer it didn't produce as usual.. probably because the weather was so wacky.. :roll:

Captain Ahab said:
Depends on what I am fishing for and where - if LM Bass in a local pond - early morning I love topwater - usually a Rico Popper
Spring thru fall Rico/ rio rico, before the suns up a black beauty (rio rico), after its up a lightning shad. If im casting at a target I'll go with a rico, if im trying to cover water ill opt for a rio rico. Ill also use a rio rico when its dark because it has a larger profile. In the winter time ill go with jerkbaits, count down raps, blades, big colorado blade spinnerbaits, and sometimes traps.

i fish a 1/4oz jig.... I've had more fish on that first thing in the morning year round than I have any other tactic I've tried

:p Thanks for the feedback guys, keep em coming.What ever conditions you want , early spring,summer,fall .The choice is yours.

I am buzzbait FREAK!!!!!!!! If the conditions are right I'll throw a buzzbait when most others have switched to cranks and plastics. At daylight and dusk in the spring, early summer, and fall, you will find find me beating the bank with a buzzbait. Buzzbait of choice, Strike King Tri-wing. I like the sound these girls make and you can work em slower than most. Gonna add some other topwaters to the arsenal this year, got some Sammies and some poppers, but the buzz is my go to.

Many people think that once the water temp drops that u should stop using topwaters however they actually work very well all year round you just have to change the baittype and retrieve.
:wink:

My first, and last lure to hit the water is always the 3 1/2 inch Super Spook JR. I had a random Field and Stream mag, and they rated it scary good. It has caught me more fish than anything else I have. I'm trying new techniques this season, but that's my go to bait.

Water above 55 I always start by throwing a frog. I only use the Spro brand of weedless frogs, you can through these things anywhere and not get hung up. Oh and im talking about LM fishing. Nothing beats wathing a topwater strike first thing in the morning!

It's difficult to explain water temps along with the lures, because we're all from different areas. Up here in the Pacific Northwest, our bass live in colder waters when comparing a Southern state.

Needless to say, topwater is great in the morning, and anytime the water has a ripple. If it's cloudy out, certainly try throwing those baits as well.

Popr, Frog, Zara spooks, etc.

If you're not seeing results, either switch to stickbaits (worms, etc) or crankbaits to find their depth. This is of course, if you don't have sonar or other electronics to help you out.

Depends on whether I'm fishing familiar water or not. If it's a lake I don't often fish then I'll start with a spinner bait which is my favorite search tool. Once I've located fish I'll usually switch over to worms/jigs. On lakes I know, I'll usually go right to worms/jig... unless I just feel like tossing spinner baits that day.

Latest posts