Berkley Gulp!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flatsdaddy

Reaction score
I finally broke down and spent the money on Berkley Gulp Alive 3" molting shrimp. They are super expensive, but a guy had been telling me they were great.

I fished Apalachicola Bay and caught 8 reds and 3 flounder in about a half day of fishing. The guy I fished with fished through his tackle box twice and only caught a red when he finally put a gulp on. I caught about the same number of fish last week the first time I fished this bait.

I still have about 7 jig bodies left, from the original $16 purchase. You can catch a bunch of fish on one jig body.

I highly recommend these. Rig them on a jig head and fish them on the bottom.

I have wanted to try some of the gulp soft plastics but I have been hesitant due to the price. I think I will go buy some tomorrow to try. By the way, the name of you home town is a bit of a tongue twister. :D maybe its just my oklahoma twang that makes it that way. :D

Usmctanker said:
I have wanted to try some of the gulp soft plastics but I have been hesitant due to the price. I think I will go buy some tomorrow to try. By the way, the name of you home town is a bit of a tongue twister. :D maybe its just my oklahoma twang that makes it that way. :D

What, Apalachicola?

Yeah it's a pain when I have to order stuff and spell it 20 times.

On the up side, I could live in Wewahitchka just up the road.

It does take a while to get over the price, but they seem to be worth it.

Latest posts