Think Tank Lures Triggerfish

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender66

Reaction score
Has anyone, other than Jim, seen these! Totally awesome! I had to order a few myself!

[youtube]ZKCHtMxZckg&feature[/youtube]

I got home today to a package from UPS. I got my TRIGGERFISH lures. Baby bass and Shad colors. I can't wait to get out and get these wet. Very nice package with directions on the back to tell you how to "steer" the bait. Lures seem to be built well and solid. The rattle is very low pitched almost basey. First impressions are very very good.

Attachments

• triggerfish.JPG
    triggerfish.JPG
    330 KB · Views: 6,365
got mine! unfortunately the water is still to cool down here in Atlanta, but heading to south GA in a couple of week probable post spawn. Going to give em a try. The graffix are great on these. HAve the shad and the baby bass

Jim said:
northrn bass! They are fairly local to me and are awesome.

https://www.northernbass.com/

Just placed an order with them. Looking foward to trying this lure out!
Jim, Thanks for sharing the website :beer:

Has anyone had a chance to try these yet? I ws just watching the video Jim put on the front page and I think I am going to order a few but would really like to hear some opionins on them.

Truckmechanic said:
Has anyone had a chance to try these yet? I ws just watching the video Jim put on the front page and I think I am going to order a few but would really like to hear some opionins on them.

+1 thats what ive been waiting on!

Those things look pretty sweet, I've wanted a lure that you have that much control with forever. I think they will be devastating on smallmouth, direction changes like they show in the video should really make smallies crazy. Well, theres another lure I need :mrgreen:

As soon as Jim posted the video on the homepage, I was all about them. I ordered through Northern Bass - they were really friendly on the phone and the package came in 3 days going through UPS ground (and I'm in Florida). First take on the lures was that they looked great and well constructed. I practiced the different actions that same night in our backyard swimming pool (as I do with all new lures - the wife thinks I'm crazy), although I couldn't go all out because the pool wasn't big enough. Very good action though. I fished the lure last Saturday in the Everglades, but only used them for about 15 minutes of casting.

I'm no master, so I can only tell you my experience. The different actions will take a decent amount of practice to perform. I would reel in the lure and I could get it to change direction (not as fast as the video I might add), but then I would screw up the technique and it would start barrel rolling and hopping. Not saying mixing the techniques are bad on a single cast, it was just hard for me to keep it to one technique on any given cast. Needless to say, I didn't catch anything on the 15 minutes of practice, but I'm sure looking forward to practicing more so I can get the technique down and burn some hawgs into the boat!

Even if they never work for me.... they still look awesome in my tackle bag!

I have a "Secret" pond that if I can get the lure to work like the video it will be amazing. No idea how to get the fish out of there if there is a hookup, but we will cross those lines when I get there.

You can only get it to the outer edge of this area in the pond because of all the tree stumps sticking out!

The lure produced a nice keeper bass for me. There is a learning curve that is for sure and I could not get it to steer like in the video but it chugs and dives awesome. Very erratic and if the top water bait is on this lure is awesome. I think my burner reel was too fast of a retrieve for the lure so I'll try it again next weekend.

Attachments

• 3-19-11 deerpoint.JPG
    3-19-11 deerpoint.JPG
    480.2 KB · Views: 2,143

Latest posts