Your favorite Soft Plastic Rig

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truckmechanic

Reaction score
So the confidence bait thread got me thinking. With so many choosing soft plastics what is your favorite way to rig them.

I prefer Texas and Split Shot.

I wacky rig senkos....carolina or texas for worms grubs or tubes. For walleye I use a jighead. I'm gonna try the football jigheads this year. I don't use the plastic frogs....gonna try that this hear too. I'm slaying with the wacky rigged senkos though...no weight just hook and senko....suspends nice with good action.

I prefer texas rigged plastics, i've always rigged them this way. However, i'm going to try whacky rigged more this year as some people swear by it.

My favorite would be a drop shot, and texas rigged, and sometimes even rigging a shakey head will be the only way to get a bite

9 times out of 10 you'll see my worms rigged good ol Texas style. I do try others but I always come back to the Texas rig when I need to 'git er done'.

my favorite way to rig a soft plastic would be Texas rigged with a bullet weight
hook and weight size changes depending on were i am fishing
I have fished them all

Not sure what my favorite is, but I Texas rig most of the time. Guess it's the most versatile. I do like wacky rigging, but don't use it nearly as much.

i love using a weight less berkley gulp sinking minnow in smelt pattern! works great, the only thing don't leave it on the hook over the period of the day they dry up really fast!!!!!!! but they get tremendous amounts of strikes everything from bass to blue gill!!!!!!!! great bait check them out!

Man that is a tough one... I used em all at different times. I would have to say my favorite would be texas rigged as it is really the most versatile.

My absolute favorite way to fish is a texas rigged zoom super hog with 3/16th oz weight and 3/0 hook on flourocarbon line. i have more confidence in this setup than anything else.

The drop shot rig really grew on me this year. I've been fishing with it everywhere and it really works. If your fishing a specific piece of cover that you feel really sure is holding a fish, you can cast to that piece of cover and and shake your bait in place which drives the fish crazy. It really keeps the bait in the strike zone as long as you want it there. Its not just for off shore structure. I like to use an 1/8th ounce dropshot weight for shallow water or heavy cover and a 1/4th ounce sinker for deeper water, river current, or a long cast with a drag retrieve. I also use gamakatsu split shot/drop shot hooks, size 1. The right hook can make a huge difference. Bait wise you can use any kind of straight worm. Zoom finesse or trick worms work great. One of my favorites would have to be a Berkely hand-poured finesse worm. Alot of guys use robo worms but Ive never tried them. Give it a try, it really works.