Use ALL your braid!

Talk about lures, plastics, lines and everything related here.
New River Rat

Use ALL your braid!

Post by New River Rat » 12 Dec 2017, 10:44

I was posting a reply to the changing out mono thread and realized that I was about to hijack it. So I am posting this here.

About 2002/2003, I discovered braid, specifically PowerPro. I have experimented over the years with different rod/reel/diameter combinations. After settling on the diameter that serves me best, I can use 30# or 40# and be comfortable. Having said all that, I just recently had some tag ends break during a couple of trips out. Now I'm talking 4 or 5 or 6 year old braid. I recently spooled all the bait casters in my quiver with that same old line, free of charge. I simply found an empty reel and unloaded one spool off of a currently used reel onto it. I then "daisy-chained" the line off each reel unto the one I'd just emptied until the original spool end on one reel was now the tag end on the next. There was no abrasion, no UV damage and best of all, no new expense.
My Tinny is a tool, a means to an end, if you will.

New River Smallies

Case Plastics Pro Staff

RazorBaits
-CN-

Use ALL your braid!

Post by -CN- » 12 Dec 2017, 12:36

The daisy-chain you speak of is what I do as well. From one reel to another, old end to fresh end as it loads. Once a year I do this. I only use 20lb and 30lb braid. I usually get myself at least one new reel per year, so that's my empty one that I start with.

LDUBS

Use ALL your braid!

Post by LDUBS » 14 Dec 2017, 01:24

Ahhh, I get it. Very clever way to justify getting a new reel. LOL
Have Rod - Will Fish

eshaw

Use ALL your braid!

Post by eshaw » 26 Apr 2018, 11:26

I know this is an older thread but this is a good idea. Glad I found it.

richg99

Use ALL your braid!

Post by richg99 » 26 Apr 2018, 13:53

"I know this is an older thread but this is a good idea. Glad I found it."

Must want a new reel...... Ha Ha Let's see, "I can save $20.00 or so on each spool of braid that I don't have to buy...hence...a new reel is partially paid for"...he says to his wife.....!

New River Rat

Use ALL your braid!

Post by New River Rat » 26 Apr 2018, 17:45

richg99 wrote:Must want a new reel...... Ha Ha Let's see, "I can save $20.00 or so on each spool of braid that I don't have to buy...hence...a new reel is partially paid for"...he says to his wife.....!
You can put a spin on anything to make yourself benefit.....especially reels. Get it? Spin on a reel.....unless it's a baitchunker. Get it LDUBS? See what I done? :roll: Man things are slow at work tonight.
My Tinny is a tool, a means to an end, if you will.

New River Smallies

Case Plastics Pro Staff

LDUBS

Use ALL your braid!

Post by LDUBS » 26 Apr 2018, 20:22

New River Rat wrote:
richg99 wrote:Must want a new reel...... Ha Ha Let's see, "I can save $20.00 or so on each spool of braid that I don't have to buy...hence...a new reel is partially paid for"...he says to his wife.....!
You can put a spin on anything to make yourself benefit.....especially reels. Get it? Spin on a reel.....unless it's a baitchunker. Get it LDUBS? See what I done? :roll: Man things are slow at work tonight.
Good one. :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2: Back to the subject at hand, I guess it doesn't make sense to tackle a project like this if only using mono. Oh. Wait. I just can't help it. Get it: "tackle" a project. . . . ( do you hear groans?)
Have Rod - Will Fish