Weedless Rigs

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colescoconutz

Reaction score
I was wondering what kind of weeless rigs you use on the grass flats when the tide has everything stirred up. For the most part everyone I know throws a spoon in these kinds of conditions but when they're not biting a spoon it can make for miserable fishing.

topwater :mrgreen:

I've been kicking around the idea of texas rigging a DOA. That should work well in the grass. I recently heard that the craw fatty is a great redfish bait and can be rigged weedless. It will be added to the tackle box soon.

I actually just picked up a bunch of DOA CAL 4.5 Jerk baits that im gonna texas rig this weekend for trout. As far as running top water when there is a lot of grass floating and stirred up I took off all the treble hooks on a few Storm Chug Bugs as well as floating Mirrolures and replaced them with 1 2/0 circle hook in the back and that has worked out pretty well for me.

Texas rig a swimbait (I use the fork tails), sented with Pro-Cure. Sometimes I use a weighted hook, sometimes not.

Also

MOE said:
topwater :mrgreen:

I've been kicking around the idea of texas rigging a DOA. That should work well in the grass.

I bite the tails off the DOA shrimp Texas rig them to swim backwards. The forward swimming shrimp has to fished too slow...a backwards swimming shrimp can be fished faster and will trigger more reaction bites in cloudy water.

i would recommend the do a airhead with the red head and the white body. they work good pretty much doing everything back country.

Latest posts