NC sound

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Hampstead, just north of Wilmington. Consequently, I fish from the New river down to the Cape Fear and Bald head Island.

I've been away from it for quite a few years, but Topsail used to be one of my haunts. Still my favorite place to be! My family used to fish there quite often back in the 70's and 80's when I lived closer. Just got back into fishing there last year. Life, jobs, etc. sure do get in the way sometimes! :roll:

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=341864#p341864 said:
speckledtrout » 14 Feb 2014, 22:48[/url]"]I fish shackleford, Morehead, Beaufort inlet, cape lookout, lCW, and the haystacks areas....unbeatable fishing

No place on earth I'd rather fish. When I was a kid our family often stayed at a small 3 unit motel inside the cape at Cape Lookout, owned by Sally and Less Moore before it became a national seashore, and fished the sound, inlet, rockjetty, Shackleford and the shoals/offshore. We also spent alot of time at Harkers Island and a soundfront house north of Marshallberg clamming, crabbing, fishing etc. Alot has changed since then but the fishing is still outstanding.

I live and fish on Brown/Broad Creeks off of the Neuse River. Good trout and red fishing.

Some of the best large drum fishing on the planet is 5 miles by water from me.

Rod
Oriental, NC

Cape Lookout is such an awesome place! I went there for the first time last year, we paddled around with the kayaks, and climbed the lighthouse, and camped on the beach. This year when I go back, I want to bring the vehicle AND my boat. I'm wondering if I can launch the boat at Harker's Island, and store the trailer either there, or at the Davis Shore Ferry, where my girlfriend would take the vehicle across, then drive down to the southern point where I would take the jet boat.

If I'm able to do that, I would love to move around and try some fishing around the inlet and the marshes of that area, I know it would be awesome.

Latest posts