American Red Snapper 06/02/13

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigwave

Reaction score
Well we had a good day on the water yesterday. We went out 60 miles for some red snapper and this is what we got. The bag of ice in the background is a 20lb bag....that snapper in front of it weighed 17lbs. The two in my hand are probably 8-10lbs. They were chewing good and we released over 50 before we got tired of catching the endangered species.........they are so plentiful and there is nothing wrong with the biomass. If you look at the greyish fish at the bottom of the picture you will notice that it is indeed a huge blue runner.....biggest one I have ever seen and it ate our flatline bait. I would love to pitch that thing to a blue marlin. Well we only have 26 days to catch these fish so for the next few weekends I will be going after them. Tight lines everyone.

Attachments

• snapper trip.jpg
    snapper trip.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,177
  • my snappers.jpg
    my snappers.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 1,177
Awesome Kevin, nice catch! =D>
fool4fish1226 said:
Nice Big - looks like its time for a fish fry :beer:
Roger That Dave! I think we should ring up Country Dave and Bad bagger and knock on Kevin's door. :mrgreen:

Thanks guys, I really want to figure out how to meet up with all the Florida boys for a good ole pig roast/gator fry/fresh shot anything with my speargun.....I only have a couple more chances to get the red snapper before it closes. That is what my primary focus is right now, however I am game to meet anywhere for some good ole tinboat fun with anyone that wants to join in.

Latest posts