Ran out of water ...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not your fault, that probably is a rare and uncertain occurrence.

No way you might have anticipated it. :wink:

How long between tides? (I'm a Mid-westerner. Mostly, our water stays put.)

Been there, done that....though not with as high ranging tides......... in Galveston Bay TX.

Typical tides here are 1 to 2.5 feet. Went wade fishing one day. Came back to my boat sitting part way onto a reef. Luckily, I saw another boat pulling into the marina a half mile away.

One cell phone call to the marina brought the calvary to the rescue. We dragged her off with lots of pushing by me and pulling by their boat's engine.

richg99

Tides here in S.C. run from 6 to 9+ feet. Does tend to make things interesting at times. #-o

Sorry that happened. Glad you got a good night's sleep.

Around the Texas flats, the mosquitos would have used my old, fat body as a sacrifice to the Gods. At least I'd weigh less this morning....about a gallon of blood ....less. Ha Ha richg99

p.s. Try this one....
https://tidesonline.nos.noaa.gov/geographic.html

Kismet said:
How long between tides? (I'm a Mid-westerner. Mostly, our water stays put.)
Each stage of the tide, in or out is about 6+ hours long. If high tide today was noon, tomorrow's high would be 12:42 or so, plus or minus due to moon stage, as it is the position of the moon (pull of gravity) around the earth that causes the ocean water to move.

Lakes (even the Great Lakes) and ponds are 'localized' - not HUGE and expansive like oceans that span continents, time zones and thousands and thousands of miles. So that's why there's no tidal effect on inland bodies of water ... in case you were interested.

Oh ... and I had beached the boat like that on purpose :D ...

jethro said:
bcbouy said:
all the more reason to keep your cooler fully stocked :D

Good plan! I can see it now...

"Honey, do you really need to pack the cooler with 18 beers for a day of fishing?"

"It's only in case of emergency!"

I would consider that being grossly underprepared :mrgreen:

Latest posts