Tuna Fishing Point Loma San Diego

All things Salt water fishing related.
DaisyCutter

Post by DaisyCutter »

I recently talked the girlfriend into trying a 3/4 day tuna fishing charter.

We spent from 6AM to 8PM on the water, in an area probably 3 hours south of the Coronado Islands, and each landed a 30 lb bluefin tuna.

We may be forever ruined for freshwater fishing. If this sort of thing is on your bucket list, don't hesitate.

BTW, bluefin tuna raw is spectacular.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tinny Fleet

Post by Tinny Fleet »

Next on the list might be a 1 1/2 day trip, then 2, then a 3 dayer. Then 5-8 (with a big improvement an accommodations) (my favorite is the fall), then the 10-23 dayers. Once bitten, you are toast!
Tinny Fleet

Stumpalump

Post by Stumpalump »

I remember my first rainbow trout on the Little Red River AR. My freind said it was a real wall hanger and that I should get it mounted. After living on the coast I thought it was about the size of bait and threw it back. Only bigger one I ever caught was on some property I own near LaVeta Colorado. If anybody wants fish in Co then send me a PM and I'll give you a gate code. I'm gonna wait to hit the salt water again. Nice fish! I bet they seemed clean compaired to a fresh water fish.
1991 18' Valco Bayrunner Evenrude 48 SPL

Arizona

Captain Ahab

Post by Captain Ahab »

Awesome footballs. I spend all summer chasing those forked tailed fighters!

Wait until you try Wahoo fishing - even better fight than BFT
Trying to Fish as often as Jim works :LOL2: