Inshore PCB

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shmelton

Reaction score
The wife and I had our 16th wedding anniversary Friday. We went to the beach for a few days, and we got to do a little fishing in my tin boat while we were there. We caught about 20 short trout, and the wife caught her 1st Red. I think she fell in love with it, but she won’t admit it...
6d6a202992d6a485e542b2949a2d6e87.jpg
d65e8a5c305c1d2c4ac808824ccd6cbb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never caught a redfish (didn't even know what they are before TB). Healthy looking fish and looks like you guys had a good time. Happy anniversary & thanks for sharing.

PCB - Panama City Beach? (I'm not that smart. Just googled it)

Panama City Beach, FL. To me Redfish are the best there is. A real drag burner, and some of the best table fare you will ever put in your mouth. FL has an 18”-27” slot to keep them, and in NW FL you are only allowed 1 a day. If you ever get the chance to go after them, take it. I’m heading to Tampa at the end of the month, I’m hoping to go every day I’m there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

love catching some redfish, I have gone to louisiana a few times in pursuit of them. They fall in the drum category some call them red drum as well. Closely related to fresh water drum and the other salt water drum which are black drum. All three are some of the hardest fighting fish. I like catching any drum because they will sure put a bend in a rod and zing some drag. When I've gone to louisiana I always hope the water is fair enough to allow us to go out to the rigs off shore one trip we were able to and blessed with a day of multiple big reds. I mean ones that were zinging off 30lb test mono from my penn 309 like it was nothing.

Congrats on the anniversary and looks like it was good time.

Congrats. I'm blessed to live in Panama City. Trout and Redfish are my main targets 90 percent of the time. I currently don't have a tin boat but am working on it. Have a 18' Key West center console but want something to get further into the skinny water. Glad you had a good time.

Ah, it sounds like redfish are the striped bass of the south. Here we have a slot, has to be 28" to 35", 1 fish per day. Good luck finding one in the slot per season.

Latest posts