What type of bunks do you guys have on your jet boat trailer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wood_Duck

Reaction score
I'm about to repaint, wire, etc the trailer for the G3 I'm getting next week and since sometimes skinny water also means questionable access I was considering a set of roller bunks to make it abit slicker loading and unloading. The boat is a 1544 and will have a deck and console added but still be pretty lightweight. I haven't ever used roller bunks though so I don't have first hand knowledge of them.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=318397#p318397 said:
smackdaddy53 » Yesterday, 23:49[/url]"]3/8" Teflon strips over 2x4's. recessed stainless screws with NP1 sandwiched between

Same here. ^^^^^
No problem launching or loading.

Carpeted 2x4's. Get the carpet wet first and she'll slide right off/on. That said, the uhmw/teflon/whatever bunk slicks are probably better since they don't trap water that could corrode the hull, but in reality I think most freshwater jet boats will get smashed on a rock long before you have to worry about corrosion

picked these up, installed them on plain treated 2x4s and love them.
https://www.basspro.com/EZ-Slide-Trailer-Pads/product/1072/

My trailer is aluminum and the bunks are 2"x6" covered by 1/2' UHMW vinyl pads. Just can't release the winch or safety chain till it's in the water or it could be bad!!!!
Sorry for the bad picture.

Attachments

• Photo_041010_001.jpg
    Photo_041010_001.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 3,148
Used Treated 2x6s on the bottom and 2x4s for the guides covered in HD indoor outdoor carpet when I built my trailer. And I'll throw out this advice, somebody told me this carpet wouldn't last, well 4.5 years later it is still in really good shape. This is the advice, I have one place that the carpet split on the edge of one of the guides due to me having the trailer a bit deep in the water and running up on it. I think if I had taken the time to make sure the 2x4s had nice rounded corners the carpet will wear better over time.

i-JTc2hw8-L.jpg

Latest posts