Any center forward console owners?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobothewizard

Reaction score
Any center forward console owners? If so could you post a few pics of your setups? Thinking about getting either a sea ark or G3 center forward console this winter but unsure of what one to get. The river where I live is pretty rough on boats as it is the lower susquehanna. Lots of sharp rocky ledges but amazing smallmouth fishing.

The boat would actually be used in the west branch of the susquehanna near selingsgrove. I am just wondering if I should go with a larger 18 foot with 90/65 or a smaller 17 foot with either a 60/40 or 40/30, I am too old now to be a speed daemon but I need something that works well.

I have been looking at them. Do you think it fits 2 people comfortable in it? Not only comfortable for bass fishing but comfortbale for catfishing? I was looking at some sea ark 20 footers also, just so my wife and I could put 2 anti gravity chairs in the back not on the back deck but in the flooring area behind the console, for when we are relaxing and catfishing. That was the only reason we were looking at the 20 foot sea arks, but I just think that a 20 footer is a little to big for me to handle in the river. It just seems awkward for me since I am so use to 16-17 foot boats.

Also would you recommend the 60/40 for the 1656 or do you think a 40/30 would have been good enough?

The 1656 CCJ is on the heavy side, I wouldn't go with anything less than the 60/40.

Plenty of room to bass fish 2 people.

I have mine setup for catfishing with two people off the back of the boat.

Check out my boat here: https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=29361&hilit=ccj

My buddies 16/52 that has no decks and is very light with two guys in it does about 23 mph with a 40/30.

I have the middle center console on my 1652 Lowe Roughneck with a 60/45 and it works fine on the Delaware River, but I could see where the forward console would work better to distribute the weight. I think you would be fine with a 16-18' with a 60/40 or 60/45, but with an 18' or bigger, I think a 90/65 would work better.

Center forward consoles are very popular around my area but they are not for everyone.They take up my space they do limit the versatility of the boat too.Tiller steet works best for me as not limiting space

On the Susky, you need to be high up front to read the water.

With regard to cat fishing, I really like my setup as I can comfortably fish in the drivers seat and deal with bait from the front seat after dealing with the fish on the rear deck.

If you ever want to row your boat for more than emergency purposes, tiller or forward center console are the only real options. I don't think there are a lot of people that row their jet boats on this forum, but in Michigan, Montana, Washington, Oregon, Alaska, lots of jet boats are rigged for rowing.

That is how my boat is setup with oar locks.Steelhead,salmon fishing you see...........

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=359451#p359451 said:
cerevisiaephilus » Today, 07:24[/url]"]If you ever want to row your boat for more than emergency purposes, tiller or forward center console are the only real options. I don't think there are a lot of people that row their jet boats on this forum, but in Michigan, Montana, Washington, Oregon, Alaska, lots of jet boats are rigged for rowing.

That's funny, I often row my boat from the front fishing position when the water is too shallow for the trolling motor. Just rest the paddle across my knees while casting

I don't have a center console but I row my jet regular with a SUP paddle, I also drift and use oars with oar locks.

I have a Sea Ark 1860pro CCJT with a 115/80 Yamaha 4-stroke. I had the 21 gal fuel tank moved to the front, the center console moved forward, little wider jet tunnel, and 2 tiered sponsons put on the back to help alleviate the weight of the four stroke. I absolutely love it. It runs about 30.6 MPH( according to Hummingbird GPS) with 3 people and gear. As far as shallow, I run every bit of 2" with it. It was a little pricey, but I don't regret a penny of it to be able to run the river again and see the look on peoples faces when I run where they have there UTV's parked enjoying the river. LOL

texasjetdrive14 said:
I have a Sea Ark 1860pro CCJT with a 115/80 Yamaha 4-stroke. I had the 21 gal fuel tank moved to the front, the center console moved forward, little wider jet tunnel, and 2 tiered sponsons put on the back to help alleviate the weight of the four stroke. I absolutely love it. It runs about 30.6 MPH( according to Hummingbird GPS) with 3 people and gear. As far as shallow, I run every bit of 2" with it. It was a little pricey, but I don't regret a penny of it to be able to run the river again and see the look on peoples faces when I run where they have there UTV's parked enjoying the river. LOL
Where are you located? Must be north Texas.

My ride.....da bomb. 1860CCJ

IMG_1908_zps7fc59b82.jpg

CampMac_zps777bae4a.jpg

IMGP00091_zps1818b67b.jpg

I like that 2072 se ark.Wonder how fast it goes with the 80 Yamaha?Not to fast im sure but it would be just fine for a fishing boat and better on gas than the bigger jet motors

I have priced the 2072 seaark from Duckys boats like in that youtube video, he is asking 28k for one, of course just over the phone.

I have yet to price the G3 that kthmarks posted but that is on the list along with an express. I was wondering if you could mount 2 more seat bases in the back of that G3, kind of make it look like a walleye boat seating in the back for just anchoring and catfishing instead of being up on the back deck.

Thanks for the help so far guys.