Lowe Shallow Water Series Boats?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goaround

Reaction score
Stumbled onto them when cruising online looking at new boats.

It's in the 2015 Lowe brochure. I've attached a snippet.

Anyone heard anything about them??? :?:

Attachments

• Lowe SWS.PNG
    Lowe SWS.PNG
    428.2 KB · Views: 3,308
Kind of reminds me of some of the original long rakes boats from Blazer and Legend crafts. That's back when they just started trying the design now they curve the top down a little to.

They are shown on one page of this, but not on the website.

https://issuu.com/dinopublishing/docs/lowe_volume_4_issue_1_opt

Called the local dealer, he said he had heard about them but wasn't exactly a wealth of knowledge. Said they were very basic, could be ordered with a console. Tried to say the stryker would be a better deal.

Goaround said:
Called the local dealer, he said he had heard about them but wasn't exactly a wealth of knowledge. Said they were very basic, could be ordered with a console. Tried to say the stryker would be a better deal.

Local dealer here told me that they have set several Strykers up with Jets and they perform great. I also think you can get a 4" transom extension for the Stryker.

I just can't see how the Stryker is a better layout than the Skorpion after looking at Lowes site. Maybe it's just preference.

heathyoung said:
Goaround said:

Local dealer here told me that they have set several Strykers up with Jets and they perform great. I also think you can get a 4" transom extension for the Stryker.

I would never own one. I researched a ton before I bought my boat but none of the Lowe boats were a good fit for me.

Goaround said:
I just can't see how the Stryker is a better layout than the Skorpion after looking at Lowes site. Maybe it's just preference.

heathyoung said:
Goaround said:

Goaround said:
My local dealer is not a wealth of knowledge either.They would rather sell a Sea Ark over a Lowe any day of the week even though they sell both..They don't seem to know much about jet boats either even though they sell them

I can get just about anything within a 5 hour drive from where I live, but I'm giving every chance I can to the local guys. Not holding my breath, but we'll see. I'm hoping more info comes out about that 1752 in the pic before too long...

Is it just me or does that picture look like it sits rather funny in the water? The back looks real low and the front 1/3 of the boat is out of the water. Almost like it's off plane but the boat isn't moving. Shallow water boats should sit relatively flat so the *** end doesn't hit bottom. It's like it needs some giant pods on the back or more weight in the front.

SaltyGhost said:
Is it just me or does that picture look like it sits rather funny in the water? The back looks real low and the front 1/3 of the boat is out of the water. Almost like it's off plane but the boat isn't moving. Shallow water boats should sit relatively flat so the *** end doesn't hit bottom. It's like it needs some giant pods on the back or more weight in the front.

I thought the same thing.

Lowe boats Facebook page says this model will be out in 2016. The latest Lowe boats magazine says summer. I'm interested to see the specs and price point.

As for how it's sitting. Some people like to run jet boats like a prop boat with weight in the back. It may not float shallow but will still run in inches of water while on plane.

Update...

The shallow water series is available from dealers now even though they aren't show on the website. Here is some info. Looks like a 1755 is around $3,300.

Shallow Series.gif
RX1655SW.gif
RX1755SW.gif
RX1860SW.gif
RX2060SW.gif

Also, Lowe has more information about this series in the latest catalog.

https://issuu.com/dinopublishing/docs/lowe_volume-4_issue-2/8

I've got one, just bought it. Super stable boat. The only difference in the Shallow Water series according to Lowe is no floor and no paint. My boat is a Big River series with a Perf floor (and no paint. I'm starting to really regret the 60/40 Jet, but it's new I'm still tweaking, which with all boats is going to take some time to get it right.

Latest posts