future purchase

Post Reply
jromo95
Posts: 1
Joined: 01 Sep 2016, 11:01

future purchase

Post by jromo95 » 01 Sep 2016, 16:13

hello, im hoping I can get some advice and suggestions on blazer boats. the closest dealer to me is 3 hours away and im really interested in buying one here in the next few months or so. I know I want to go with the blazer ss and I want to do either the 1756 or the 1856 paired with the 60hp mercury. what kind of speed can I expect out of that? or if anyone has any other suggestions I will gladly hear your opinions. Thanks!
-Joe

Xtremeboats
User avatar
Lil' Blue Rude
Posts: 751
Joined: 13 Jan 2011, 00:58
Location: SE, Mo

future purchase

Post by Lil' Blue Rude » 01 Sep 2016, 19:48

I'd order it with the all aluminum transom instead of the wood filled transom. Saves some weight but cost around $100 but no chance of the transom rotting.
I'd guess low to mid 30's depending on how you set it up.
16' 42" Blazer SS with a custom short shaft 60/40 Evinrude

archery68
Posts: 159
Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 21:02

Re: future purchase

Post by archery68 » 01 Sep 2016, 22:09

Here is my 1852 blazer ss with 60/40 Mercury 4 stroke jet. Mine is a .80 gauge, I think in a 56 boat you can get .80 or .100 I personally like .80, it's lighter which means get on plane quicker and faster. If you hit stuff you will get dents in both. Just had some impeller work done to mine and gps the other day with full tank of gas, 9 gallons, myself, trolling motor, battery, and cooler, downstream constant 32-33 and hit 34 couple times. Will hit 31 with entire family, 2 kids wife and a bunch of stuff. Love my blazer ss. Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

archery68
Posts: 159
Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 21:02

Re: future purchase

Post by archery68 » 20 Sep 2016, 21:45

According to blazer website if u get a 56 wide boat it will be .100


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rktman
Posts: 78
Joined: 23 May 2013, 09:48

future purchase

Post by rktman » 21 Sep 2016, 11:10

You can request it in .080. Fred at Current River Marine ordered my new boat with the thinner specs per my request.

archery68
Posts: 159
Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 21:02

Re: future purchase

Post by archery68 » 21 Sep 2016, 21:12

rktman wrote:You can request it in .080. Fred at Current River Marine ordered my new boat with the thinner specs per my request.
Thanks for info. Wanting a wider boat maybe next year and like .80. Wanting to get an 18/56 18/60. Wonder if they would make me a 19 footer? Things will have to go right but wanting bigger boat and motor. Will check into it more through blazer. Thanks again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckmaster27012
Posts: 34
Joined: 11 Mar 2013, 12:25
Location: VA

future purchase

Post by buckmaster27012 » 23 Sep 2016, 08:04

I've got a blazer 1860 with 115/80 yamaha 2 stroke. i get about 31-32 mph out of it with 30 gallon bait tank and 18 gallon gas tank. i have an 01 model but they dont make them like this one anymore. they putting the seat and consoles with foam in them. ive got a complete open boat except for front deck. i did a modification to my and move gas tank front back of boat to under front deck. wish they would still sell them like mine because people like the setup but i guess they require more flotation in boats now.

archery68
Posts: 159
Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 21:02

Re: future purchase

Post by archery68 » 25 Sep 2016, 21:44

buckmaster27012 wrote:I've got a blazer 1860 with 115/80 yamaha 2 stroke. i get about 31-32 mph out of it with 30 gallon bait tank and 18 gallon gas tank. i have an 01 model but they dont make them like this one anymore. they putting the seat and consoles with foam in them. ive got a complete open boat except for front deck. i did a modification to my and move gas tank front back of boat to under front deck. wish they would still sell them like mine because people like the setup but i guess they require more flotation in boats now.
Thanks for the info.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Riverdog
Posts: 130
Joined: 04 Feb 2015, 22:50
Location: Hutto, TX

future purchase

Post by Riverdog » 06 Jan 2017, 18:43

jromo95 wrote:hello, im hoping I can get some advice and suggestions on blazer boats. the closest dealer to me is 3 hours away and im really interested in buying one here in the next few months or so. I know I want to go with the blazer ss and I want to do either the 1756 or the 1856 paired with the 60hp mercury. what kind of speed can I expect out of that? or if anyone has any other suggestions I will gladly hear your opinions. Thanks!
-Joe

Mine will do 27-29 up stream and 28-31 down stream. On a smooth lake 29 mph. 3 hours away, you're lucky. I bought mine almost 700 miles from my home.
2013 1752 Blazer SS Mercury 60/40


Jump aboard, let's take a ride. <-clicky

Image

Post Reply