Transom Outboard Jet Spray Deflectors

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtf

Reaction score
Would members direct me to posts, or post some pictures of outboard jet transom spray deflectors? Had one installed and I think it is going to need some more work.

If the name isn't right, a box or plate above the jet foot to deflect spray.

Thanks

Pix of the one I have on my boat. Had to put an extra fold in it in order to clear the live well intake screen. It's better to have a straight plate if possible, but this one works well. The plate is made from a 12" x 12" square of 1/8" aluminum diamond plate. Mostly because I already had it. A 1/16" thick aluminum plate would probably be just as good and would also be easier to make the necessary folds. A good spray plate will also help to reduce cavitation as well as reduce spray. The Schnauzer is Henry. :D

Attachments

• 06.JPG
    06.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 2,343
  • 04.JPG
    04.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 2,343
  • 03.JPG
    03.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 2,343
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 2,343
  • 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 2,343
Thanks Larry, I had seen some pics of a deflector like a bill cap with ear flaps and didn't know if the flat plate was going to be enough. Will have to weld gussets in a couple places on top for bracing.

Found a post of yours showing another boat that had a thicker piece of metal with UHMW on the bottom.

Here is mine, original one is at the top. The bottom one I made out of .125 aluminum plate.

Most spray happens when water goes over the lip of the shoe. It follows the u shape bend on the pump and shoots back to the transom.

Attachments

• 20160812_134743.jpg
    20160812_134743.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 2,287
dhogan, mine is like your 1st one. Maybe get better results with ones like you guys. The boat is still a work in progress.

Latest posts