New Jet Pilot with new Jet boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H20hawgs

Reaction score
I have enjoyed reading the forum before my new purchase. I sold a Carolina skiff and drove to Ducky's Boats in PA this weekend to pick up my new SeaArk 2072 MVJT. It was a long ride from
Georgia... Glad that's over. I attached a photo for anyone that wants to sea what I drove 25 hours for... I just could not find one anywhere local without having to order it and wait 3 months. The dealer I went to was the best in the Buisness from my experience. Top notch service and really a pleasure to talk to and deal with. I have to start rigging it out to chase some Stripers on the lake and up in the rivers. I will post pics as I add items.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 3,428
You stole my boat!!! Awesome!

I spoke with them last year about that exact setup. I love the fwd console especially on a 2072! Looking fwd to hearing how it performs.

I talked to a dealer in Ocala,FL about one set up with fwd console, pods, fwd storage and fuel tank just two weeks ago and it the bill came to $32K with a 150/105 Yamaha and $28k with a 118/80 Merc 4 stroke. A little pricey for me right now maybe in a year or two.

We def need to see some pics and videos of her running!

H20,

Congrats on the new rig, great to see another Jet boat making it to GA! I'm with you on the drive to PA, made my 25 hour round trip back in October so glad that's behind me now. What motor do you have on there? Hope to see you on the rivers this Spring.

Steve

Reedjj,
My bank account reflects I did not steel it! Lol...
I will keep you up on how it runs and performs. The largest motor you can get is a 90 at the jet for this mod.
Thx

Steve,
I look forward to seeing you on the water. I have fished lqnier for years but never up in the rivers very far. I am going to change that this spring!

Mine has the new Yamaha115B that replaced the F series this year. I was told it has more torque, horse power, turns more rpms and has actually 126 hp or almost 90hp at the pump. I just researched what Ducky's owner told me and I found the article that supports it. That was a good after the sale surprise!
You would think they would have just tuned it a little more and got 130hp out of it.

Where do you fish?

Great looking striper! I fish mostly rivers from the Coosa basin, including the Etowah and Oostanaula River. I'm on my 3rd and hopefully last Jet boat, it's a RockProof 1860 with a Mercury Optimx 110 Jet. It's a heavy boat so even with that motor loaded she runs low to mid 30's. That seems plenty fast when you have less than a foot of water under you :shock:

Steve

Steve,
I just looked at your custom rock proof jet. That's a sweet boat! I may put my super bait tank in mine and take out the SeaArk tank. Will see how it does first with a bubbler. I usually have no problems with herring or shad in a 20 gallon tank with aerator/bubbler. We need to run some rivers and catch some rockfish together this spring
Tight lines!

Here are a couple more pictures of the new rig.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 3,325
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 3,325
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 3,325
I got the same boat with same motor. Only configured quite a bit differently. That's the cool thing about SeaArk, every boat can be customized to the nth degree. Mine's probably heavier than yours and I can do 30mph with 4 people, tracked on GPS. Mine is currently frozen to the trailer on the side of my house. It's 2°F here today which is a little too cold for boating.
SeaArk 2072 MVJT (5).jpg
SeaArk 2072 MVJT (11).jpg

SaltyGhost said:
I got the same boat with same motor. Only configured quite a bit differently. That's the cool thing about SeaArk, every boat can be customized to the nth degree. Mine's probably heavier than yours and I can do 30mph with 4 people, tracked on GPS. Mine is currently frozen to the trailer on the side of my house. It's 2°F here today which is a little too cold for boating.
View attachment 1

That is a cool set up! You need a full front windshield in weather that cold for sure... And an enclosure and heater...Wow 2 degrees is more then I can stand. It was 60 today here...lol. I have to put all my new toys on mine and hope it's warm this weekend.
I do not have my graph/GPS on yet and was curious about the speed. Feels like 100 in skinny water though! :shock:
I just r devices my trolling moter, battery charger and Monster Rod Holders this week. My lowrance is suppose to arrive tomorrow. Kinda of excited like a kid at Christmas waiting for the ups driver everyday to ring the door bell... :LOL2:

SaltyGhost said:
View attachment 1

Sweet ride! I'm loving mine. Handles big water and can get skinny. Best of both worlds!

Latest posts