inboard jet jon fuel tank dilemma

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianb2247

Reaction score
ive looked at other pwc tanks on ebay, ive looked at racing fuel cells , looked at misc other tanks ive found nothing its for a 12 foot long 40" at bottom and 48"at top of rail size boat have really no space to put one any one know of a long skinny tank or something else that could be used the internals are tigershark 640 so not alot of free space

I have a polaris tank (from SL750) it is 10 gal; about 15 inches wide.

Otherwise, maybe just use a 6 gal outboard tank?

What are the measurements that you could get a tank into? I agree that if space is that tight you could just have it custom fab. I got an aluminum guy who made me a 14 gallon skinny tank for $200.

so aluminum tanks are ok to use i figured condensation would get in so i have two sheets aluminum .125 31x23 i could fold a 90 degree in both cut to size weld in the ends
are there aluminum nipples you weld in and what about a filler cap

I don't know anything about the fittings, but Northern Tool has a number of them on their list. I'll bet any aluminum welders in your area can put you onto the fittings.

richg99

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200370684_200370684?cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Fuel%20Transfer%20%2B%20Lubrication%20%3E%20Fuel%20Tanks%20%3E%20Auxiliary-Transfer%20Tanks&utm_campaign=RDS&utm_content=3490113&gclid=Cj0KEQjw2fLGBRDopP-vg7PLgvsBEiQAUOnIXEupPcGtiaJzvL4Atc3R4UL2seM4LagM0xZfZTBhFJEaAlx-8P8HAQ

Take a look at RDS designs. They use a fuel input elbow, a vent, a hole for the fuel sender (gas gauge) and then an elbow with the check valve that threads into the tank. You could always call them with your custom measurements and get a quote, they are great!!!

https://www.rdsaluminum.com/marine-stock-below.html

Latest posts