New Tracker Grizzly's have 21" transom. 15" Jet?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redrum

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a new hull this fall/winter and was Che king out the Tracker Grizzly's. I just happened to notice that the specs on the new boats have a 21" transom. My jet is a 15" short shaft. My current boat is a 16" transom and I'm almost certain I raised the engine up 4 inches. Does anyone have one of these with a short shaft outboard jet? It looks like they went to a 21" transom for 2015-2016.

Upon further inspection, my boat transom is 16" and the lift I made is 5-3/8" plus I had the engine about 3/8" above the lift, so I think I'll be ok. I sure would like some confirmation from someone with this combination.

Josh do you have any pictures of your engine mounted? Do you have an inch or more gap between the top clamp on the engine and the transom?

Pretty good rule of thumb for jet is 15" mid needs a 22" transom, 20" mid needs a 27" transom. Only place I know that might not apply is for tunnel hulls.

My Lowe is a tunnel but it's around a 24" transom and I have a short shaft Mercury mounted 2-1/2" up off the transom which accounts for the tunnel pretty much.

Latest posts