Water spraying from top of pump?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckmaster27012

Reaction score
i've got a yamaha 115 with an outboard jet, took it for test run yesterday before fishing season and noticed some water spraying up from on top of the jet pump. I looked up the parts list and best i can tell i would call it the adapter plate area. will try to add picture to point it out. has anyone ever has this happen and got any suggestions on way to repair. do i need to replace this adapter plate or what. trying to get it right because i figure that i am losing some power with water spraying out this direction and not out of the exhaust. it is not spraying all the way around just different spots, and of course more throttle the more comes out. thanks for the help.

Attachments

• jet pump.jpg
    jet pump.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,735
Is the jet foot at the right height? Straight edge off the hull should fall halfway on the flat of leading edge of the foot. Will cause spray if not at right height.

I really don't think that it's water coming from your jet pump. It's more then likely water coming out of the powerhead. Waters dumped out of the pee tube and also dumped out into the mid sections. This keeps the exhaust from burning up the water pump and keeps it from cooking the paint off the mid section. Was the motor peeing fine?

The motor should be at right height, its just like it was when it came from Blazer. It is peeing fine, i just have never seen water coming this area of the pump before is why i question on if i have an issue or not. when up to speed it actually starts blowing up above the motor some. yes this is a factory yamaha jet.

I have a factory Yamaha jet and it does the same thing. I thought there was a problem but when you take the jet off it is not a tight fit between those two plates. There is actually a slot in the front for water to come out of.

ok may have just gotten worse since last year. i will be running it tomorrow and may try to get a video of it spraying. thanks

Latest posts