I guess the impeller could use a cleaning up

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JL8Jeff

Reaction score
I've run the boat for the last 3 seasons without really worrying about the impeller or liner because I remember looking at both when I straightened the grates and they looked fine. I took a closer look today and decided to pull the foot for a closer inspection. The liner looks decent but the impeller was more beat up than I had realized. So I took some time to clean it up the best I could today. I took some pictures before and after, but most of them came out too blurry to be useful. Here are a couple of before pictures showing 2 of the blades, they look a little worse in the pictures then they were in person. I'm not overly concerned about performance since I don't run around at WOT but I'm thinking it will run better with the cleaned up blades.

-

Attachments

• impeller2.jpg
    impeller2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,317
  • impeller1.jpg
    impeller1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,317
I typically have to sharpen mine every 5 - 8 trips. I run through the nasties though. Last time i did mine, it was so bad the blades were hooked.

I'd order a stud kit for that pump and one of the newer style liners.

I can't wait to try it out to see if there is any noticeable difference, but the river just went up 6-7 feet from the weekend rain and snow melt up north so there is too much debris and the flow difference would throw off my comparison so it will need to wait until the river comes back down.

redrum said:
I'd order a stud kit for that pump and one of the newer style liners.

i HATE the studs that came with mine. took them out and replaced with stainless bolts. Everytime I hit something and then later needed to remove the boot, the studs were bent and made getting the boot off a chore.

Latest posts