urethane obj intake

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handyandy

Reaction score
check this out looks a lot better than my uhmw rockproof boats intake. Probably wouldn't slow a boat down any like the UHMW rockproof one but seems just as tough. Here is the meanchicken thread on it.

https://meanchicken.net/webmain/forum/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=20844&p=171044#p171044

video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnCJoVPw8Bg

Yeah it's spendy. But if it never breaks, doesn't hurt your performance the way the rock proof one does, if it takes a hit that an aluminum one wouldn't, and you get to keep trucking saving a fishing trip seems worth it. I fish as much as I can, but I don't care for a trip, outing, or one day get ruined by a busted intake. Granted I've never broken an aluminum foot, but if it were to save my butt from ruining one good day due to a busted intake, that is all it would take for it to be worth to me at least. I throw my UHMW one on if I go some place new and unfamiliar, or places that I know are rock filled so I don't bust my aluminum one, I use the aluminum mostly since it runs faster. Looks like this one wouldn't cause any speed loss doesn't look like it would have anymore drag than an aluminum one. If you ever changed motors it could go on the next one assuming it still uses the same size intake, so you don't lose it even if you sell your rig for a different one. I do agree it is expensive and I wish it were cheaper, but I do want one.

looks tough and I like the design. I had one of Rockproofs uhmw foot on a 60/40. Put it on for added insurance for those "oh crap" moments. I was always under the mind set that I wanted the foot to be ripped off before I cracked or broke the pump housing as its cheaper to replace a foot then the housing. Wouldn't this potentially raise the risk of cracking the housing during an impact?

I wouldn't think so aluminum has give in that it will crack or break, I think the urethane has enough give to not break the pump housing. I have one of the rockproof intakes as well. I'll give it to them they are tough, but it is like a brick on the bottom of your engine. I may buy one of these after some get out on the market and have a little more user testing. Don't know that I can choke price right now without some user reviews/feed back. I do like it though seems a lot better than the rockproof one.

Latest posts