Cleaning Impeller

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtf

Reaction score
Through break-in and tried out some shallows in the river. Picked up a twig or something and it is making the blower squeak. Trimmed it up and can't see any trash so it must be up on the top of impeller.

How to clean it, tried reverse thrust.

Best thing I could suggest is to remove the foot and remove the impeller to see what's going on, that's a pretty simple job and it's good to know how to do it.

I always keep in my boat the couple tools needed to remove the intake and impeller. I even have the socket, extension, and a ratchet that I'd need to take off the hole jet as an incase something really went hay wire I needed to get to the water pump. I carry extra impeller keys, sleeve, nut, and shims. Nothing worse than getting stranded on river that you don't always see other boaters or people on.

Good tips! I'm getting in places my prop never allowed, seeing new river stretches...two hours on it seeing nary another boat. It's unusual to see a kayak due to the non-improved launch and 6+ mile lake stretch back to the ramp from the take out. This may prove to be a fun fishery. However, going to require an 80lb trolling motor to keep bow upstream.

I'll give the cleaning a go.

Remove the foot and impeller and inspect. Even if there is nothing in there you should have the tools you use on the boat at all times and know how everything works. There could also be something lodged where the exit tube is. They don't work like a prop reversing it won't do anything the impeller is still spinning the same way.

Latest posts