Test Test Test

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtf

Reaction score
How I'm learning the jet setup: have to add the batteries and trolling motor, have been switching motor trim pin and weight. Added a box of rocks and battery up front hatch and a couple of 50lb bags of soil. The shop said to add some weight in back too, turns out the seat needed to be 4" higher to get tiller handle comfortable anyway. The shop in east TN is super to work with on jets!

Here's a few pics of the trial "set-up" and some really dirty river water after the big rain a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• 100_3146.JPG
    100_3146.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,839
  • 100_3162.JPG
    100_3162.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,839
  • 100_3165.JPG
    100_3165.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 1,839
What are you doing with a trim pin? I spoke with a guy at a local ramp that had a similar setup with that motor and it had factory power tilt and trim with a switch on the tiller handle. He wasn't a small guy, he had added floatation pods to the transom.

Use it as the lowest setting and trim up from there. The middle setting is working best, will probably need to wedge the motor, every boat transom and weight change makes a difference in a jet. Tiller trim switch works well, it's similar to a Merc big tiller handle but in the middle, not to one side or other. The shop used 300lbs vs my 170lb in back.

With a tiller, it seems like you would want to keep the option to fully trim it all the way down at startup, it would lift you up and lower the bow quicker.

with power trim I don't have the pin in I start with it trimmed down all the way to plane out as quick as possible then once I'm on plane and I might mess with trimming up to get a little more speed.

My 2017 60/40 I removed the stops on my power trim so I can tuck my moter all of the way under you just have to watch and make sure it clears your splash shield

Latest posts