Mercury 35 jet

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stlhdr

Reaction score
It is surprising how little information that I can find about this engine. I'm considering putting it on a new build and I'm told that the difference between this jet and the 60/40 Is that the 60/40 will pull away as a little faster but they're the same until you reach 70% of throttle. I'm also told it is the same head as to 6040 just necked-down to accommodate rivers that have engine restrictions.

I'm not building a boat to be a speed freak but I would like to get 20 mph out of it if possible? I just wonder for those who have been with 35 jet What your take is on it?

The boat I'm putting it on It's not in aluminum hull, it's a power drifter. It's going to weigh about 450 lb...

In any case I want some input feedback about the Mercury 35 jet because that is the engine I happened to be considering. I'm not sure where I could find a good used one but it looks like I'll be buying new unless I do.

Thank you for your feedback, this is a great site.

Thank you.

What shaft length does your boat take? I would guess the 2 stroke makes a little more power vs the 4 stroke. I have a Merc 60/45 2 stroke short shaft motor on my Lowe 1652 jet tunnel hull and it moves the boat pretty good. It's more than enough with just me in the boat but if I have 2 other people it's barely enough. I would think a 50/35 would be good for a couple of people but if you add weight like a cooler or fish tank and extra fuel it could be a lot tougher to get it going. I think it really depends on what your normal boat setup will be so let us know what combination you plan on running. I know I go through fuel a lot quicker when the river is running high with faster current but in low water it works fine.

The only differences in the 35 jet and the 40 jet are the stickers, price and programming. They are essentially the same engine. Mercury just starting making the 35 jet a year ago, so finding a used one is going to be pretty hard.

The 65 jet and the 80 jet are the same both the same engine just different programming, etc.

Latest posts