Looking for Weights of different Hulls

Ozark River Runner

Post by Ozark River Runner »

Does anyone know a good resource to find the Hull weights of different boats? I am looking at going back to a smaller jet so I can access the upper stretches of the rivers I fish along with still being able to fish when water levels are low in late summer. I am trying to figure out how much weight I can actually shed to see if I can get the boat light enough to drag around easier. My current set up is a 1752 Alweld in 80 gauge. Alweld's website gives the weight of a 1752 in .100 gauge but not the 80. I am looking at going down to a 1742 Blazer but I can't find out how much they weigh either. I can calculate my weight savings on everything that goes in the boat except the Hull.
2016 1752 Alweld flat bottom sport jet
2015 60/40 Mercury 4-Stroke Jet
2004 1644 Alweld flat bottom - TRADED

JL8Jeff

Post by JL8Jeff »

You can check the NADA guides for some of the manufacturers. They usually show the weight of the bare hull.
https://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/Power-Boats
2001 Lowe Roughneck 1652 VT with Merc 60/45 jet 2 stroke

handyandy

Post by handyandy »

you will be a little lighter going to a blazer 1742 .080 hull from an alweld 1752 .080, but you won't be loosing that much weight maybe 100lbs. You could attempt to lighten your current hull. If it has a full floor I'm willing to bet it has water logged foam under the floor. Pull the floor up get rid of the foam, replace the solid floor with perforated flooring. That and ditching any unnecessary stuff from the boat. Is it a console? get rid of the console and convert your engine to tiller. What engine are you running? Could you get away with going with a smaller lighter engine, but of course that comes with the draw back of less speed and load carrying capability.

Tbradley

Post by Tbradley »

Ozark River Runner wrote: 18 Feb 2020, 12:19 Does anyone know a good resource to find the Hull weights of different boats? I am looking at going back to a smaller jet so I can access the upper stretches of the rivers I fish along with still being able to fish when water levels are low in late summer. I am trying to figure out how much weight I can actually shed to see if I can get the boat light enough to drag around easier. My current set up is a 1752 Alweld in 80 gauge. Alweld's website gives the weight of a 1752 in .100 gauge but not the 80. I am looking at going down to a 1742 Blazer but I can't find out how much they weigh either. I can calculate my weight savings on everything that goes in the boat except the Hull.
Sent you a PM.