Looking for Weights of different Hulls

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark River Runner

Reaction score
Does anyone know a good resource to find the Hull weights of different boats? I am looking at going back to a smaller jet so I can access the upper stretches of the rivers I fish along with still being able to fish when water levels are low in late summer. I am trying to figure out how much weight I can actually shed to see if I can get the boat light enough to drag around easier. My current set up is a 1752 Alweld in 80 gauge. Alweld's website gives the weight of a 1752 in .100 gauge but not the 80. I am looking at going down to a 1742 Blazer but I can't find out how much they weigh either. I can calculate my weight savings on everything that goes in the boat except the Hull.

You can check the NADA guides for some of the manufacturers. They usually show the weight of the bare hull.
https://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/Power-Boats

you will be a little lighter going to a blazer 1742 .080 hull from an alweld 1752 .080, but you won't be loosing that much weight maybe 100lbs. You could attempt to lighten your current hull. If it has a full floor I'm willing to bet it has water logged foam under the floor. Pull the floor up get rid of the foam, replace the solid floor with perforated flooring. That and ditching any unnecessary stuff from the boat. Is it a console? get rid of the console and convert your engine to tiller. What engine are you running? Could you get away with going with a smaller lighter engine, but of course that comes with the draw back of less speed and load carrying capability.

Ozark River Runner said:
Does anyone know a good resource to find the Hull weights of different boats? I am looking at going back to a smaller jet so I can access the upper stretches of the rivers I fish along with still being able to fish when water levels are low in late summer. I am trying to figure out how much weight I can actually shed to see if I can get the boat light enough to drag around easier. My current set up is a 1752 Alweld in 80 gauge. Alweld's website gives the weight of a 1752 in .100 gauge but not the 80. I am looking at going down to a 1742 Blazer but I can't find out how much they weigh either. I can calculate my weight savings on everything that goes in the boat except the Hull.

Sent you a PM.

Bringing this back to life, because I just recently weighted a couple boats. The camo one is an Alweld 1852SJ in .080”. It has two 18”x 24” boxes at the rear bench and perforated floor. The OD green is a Blazer 1748 standard in .080” with two 18” x 24” boxes at mid seat withe perforated floor. I was told the flooring is .090” and should weight somewhere near 40lbs installed.?? Not sure how much the boxes weight, but Blazer said should be about 10lbs.??
Alweld 1852 = 510lbs.
Blazer = 425lbs.
Both of these boats weight more than I thought going by other manufacturers listings of boat specs on their websites. So either boats weight more or floor and boxes are heavier than I was told??
The black steel Rivercraft trailer is 600lbs and the silver aluminum is 420lbs.
This might help people out in the future.
5AA402A9-A20E-4297-9317-C38D97FCB111.jpeg
E1B11EFC-FBBE-4D12-8DE1-044FCEF772B7.jpeg