New intake assembly

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1gr8bldr

Reaction score
Any recommendations on a new intake assembly for a Yamaha f150? I see Wooldridge has a carbon type version. Mine's beat all to he11. Been welded on twice now. Ground back so far the pins are covered with smeared metal. The fins... do they offer anything? Without sacrificing clearance? The carbon, I assume it can take hits but can it take grinding? I saw somewhere where my model had an option of changing to a larger prop if you changed the flange? I don't know anything except that I need a new one. Any help appreciated. I'll fix this one for a spare

the wooldridge poly intake would be nice it just used the drop in flanged liner so you just get the appropriate sized intake and flanged liner for it. The down side is the cost of it. There is a russian company making poly intakes as well that are good bit cheaper than wooldridge ones. There is a group on facebook called jet boat fanatics guy on there sells the russian poly intakes they seem pretty good he is always posting videos of the crazy stuff they do in boats there.

I put intake fins on my new boat and picked up a few mph on the top end. I also keep traction better during my whole shot when the lake gets choppy. I am running them on a Mercury 80 Jet strapped to the back of a 1756 Havoc River Rat side console.
MVIMG_20200803_155108 (1).jpg

HavocJet said:
I put intake fins on my new boat and picked up a few mph on the top end. I also keep traction better during my whole shot when the lake gets choppy. I am running them on a Mercury 80 Jet strapped to the back of a 1756 Havoc River Rat side console.
MVIMG_20200803_155108 (1).jpg

Where did you get the fins?

I purchased the urethane foot from Wolldridge. I have not installed it yet but I will report the progress. I expect it to speed up, not because of the Urethane foot but rather a new liner that is gouged badly. However, it is 17 years old. So you could expect such. My foot is not trash yet but it's been welded once and the heel pin area is ground down to the point that it could come out soon. I could not remove it to replace the fins. I expect I can remove it by cutting the pin into sections and driving it out. I will renew and keep it for a spare. I figure I got good life from this foot so one may wonder why I would try the urethane foot? I purchased it in hope to reduce the hit the hull takes when the heel hits. Flex is what i was assuming it might do. After looking at it, I'm not sure it will flex?

Latest posts