• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Fresh pecans

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Marx

Reaction score
I'm in Texas and have 386 mature pecan trees . If I take pictures and come up with a price for shelled pecans would anybody be interested in me shipping them some ? All my trees are large improved varieties no natives . I wish shipping cost were a little cheaper , I'd love to send ya'll (yes ya'll) some cooking wood .

Shot gun or Beeman R1.20 cal air . Go look at what they are trying to sell at the local stores and come see me . 409-seven- six -one - 0561. I also am offering them for $2 lb. if you want to pick up your own in the orchard. I've only check Arlan's and they are $4.99 lb. whole in the shell , $5.99 for 8 oz. in pieces. That's $12 a lb. and they are at least last years at best . Heck being that close , just come visit.

Just curious, but what's the pecan crop like in Tx this year? From what I've seen so far, there's almost no pecans this year in NE Arkansas. Most trees have little to no pecans on them this year.

Okay , I've got pictures . As soon as one of the younguns show up I'll post some photos and a price. I think I just taught myself LOL . $12 lb. plus true shipping cost. This years pecans not the stuff thats been in a warehouse somewhere . All hand picked by my 82 year old mother.

Attachments

• Pecans 1.jpg
    Pecans 1.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 2,626
  • Pecans 2.jpg
    Pecans 2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 2,626
No , just raw pecans for baking , roasting for salads , make sugar glazed , pecan encrusted fish fillets , making pralines , pecan brittle , ect. You can also just eat them plain .

This time of year I try to always keep some (still in shell) in my truck or my coat pocket. They make great snacks and they will hold your hunger at bay until it's meal time. They're also great to take to the deer stand too but you have to pay attention when cracking them or you might spook a deer off. :lol:

JMichael said:
This time of year I try to always keep some (still in shell) in my truck or my coat pocket. They make great snacks and they will hold your hunger at bay until it's meal time. They're also great to take to the deer stand too but you have to pay attention when cracking them or you might spook a deer off. :lol:

I've got those as well , but I don't like shipping any bad ones .

Paul Marx said:
JMichael said:

I've got those as well , but I don't like shipping any bad ones .

That's good. It reminds me of the time I was on I-95 and picked up a 5 pound bag of pecans at a roadside market and out of the whole bag I may have eaten 5 pecans before I gave up and threw the rest away. They must have been the year before or the year before that crop. It makes me leery to buy any more.

How much for a 5 lb bag in the shell?
It would have to be put in a priority shipping bag, which I think is $4.99 regardless of weight.

My wife loves pecans, and enjoys cracking them herself

Let me know. Thanks.

-Tony
[email protected]

This post made me hungry for pecans. I grew up in Texas and LOVED when Dad would come home with a big bag of pecans. We would spend forever cracking them. By the end of the bag, we were basically experts at pulling whole pecans out.

Latest posts