• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1969 Mercury Model 200 - 20HP tiller

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattais33

Reaction score
I received this motor from a buddy of mine that was cleaning out garage. Here is what I know:
1969 Mercury Model 200
20HP tiller
Pull start has resistance and the flywheel spins
I put in new spark plugs to see if I could get spark and they do get spark
I have no clue when the unit was last ran
It has been stored inside for at least the past 4 years
I have not put anymore time into it other than trying to see if it will get spark, nor will I
This motor is too big for my application on my current build and I am looking for something that is running that I do not have to put time and money into
I am no mechanic, so answering technical questions such as "compression and timing" will not be possible.
I am located in central florida by UCF in Oviedo.
It appears that anyone that would buy this motor would be using it for parts and based on what I see online, the parts are not terribly cheap.
I would like to sell to someone on this site because a lot of people on here have helped me out a lot. If I don't get any hits on here in a few days, I will post it on craigslist.
I am looking for $300.00 but am willing to negotiate.
See pics.

motor 1.jpg
motor 2.jpg
motor 3.jpg
motor 4.jpg
motor 5.jpg
motor 6.jpg

I'd like to have it, but live way too far off to pick it up. Shipping is way too high.

It should be an easy fix. Probably needs full tune up and new gaskets. Great little river runner! Good luck with your sale.

Keith
Texas

Latest posts