My new setup

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustFishN

Reaction score
Well, I broke down and got myself a new set up over the weekend. It's probably nothing spectacular to all you guys! BUT, it is the most I myself have ever spent on a pole. The best one I have ever had LOL. It is a shimano senora 2500fa reel with a shimano sojourn rod. I got the best picture of it I could. Now I just need to catch some fish on it!!

Attachments

• S2010015 (Small).JPG
    S2010015 (Small).JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 3,257
jimmyt said:
Sweet setup! What kind of line are you going to use? What strength is the rod? MEdium? Medium/heavy?

well, I am going to try the spiderwire stealth braid- 10lb.I have it sitting right here but havent spooled it up yet. Fishnfever totally despises it for some reason but I want to give it a try myself. I'm stubborn! The rod is medium. It is such a nice set up. I keep playing with it lol. When the sun hits it it gleams and glistens....ahhhh

LOL

sorry

wingshooter1002 said:
im a shimano nut myself. i love their rods and spinning reels.

they do have some pretty sweet things. My husband (fishnfever) has a shimano reel and he loves it.

ill tell you why he despises it. because it is crap. you should never use spiderwire braid. if you want a good braid, use suffix superbraid. it is teflon coated and it wont come off of the line by running through your rod guides. i own 3 shimano rods, all clarus model one in med lt one in med hvy and one microspin. on the two casting rods i have pfleuger echlon reels. on the micro spin i have the shimano sedona 750 ultra light. i landed a 5 lb bass on that ultra lite combo and the reel or the rod didnt think twice about it. more on the braid, i wouldnt use braid in a spinning reel anyways.

JustFishN,

This is now the second time I heard that that line burns through the guides. I would return it and get another kind also. It's not worth ruining your new rod!

I do not like the spiderwire for FW applications - it works really well in the salt, but that is mostly bottom fishing with heavy weights! Power Pro is my "standard" line, the Suffix is nice, but I do not care for the feel. I also tried the Stren braid and was impressed. I use that on my catfish/ rough fish rods.

Nice setup, those Shimanos are work horses!

wingshooter1002 said:
ill tell you why he despises it. because it is crap. you should never use spiderwire braid. if you want a good braid, use suffix superbraid. it is teflon coated and it wont come off of the line by running through your rod guides. i own 3 shimano rods, all clarus model one in med lt one in med hvy and one microspin. on the two casting rods i have pfleuger echlon reels. on the micro spin i have the shimano sedona 750 ultra light. i landed a 5 lb bass on that ultra lite combo and the reel or the rod didnt think twice about it. more on the braid, i wouldnt use braid in a spinning reel anyways.

holy crap....ok, I'll take your word for it. All of your words for it LOL. I'll return it and get something else. Better. I use trilene on my old pole. I dont want to use that again.

Jimmy...ummm ya can we not let fishnfever in this message LOLOL cant you block him from just this thread hehe

hahaha too late!!! Thank you wingshooter1002. I have been telling JustFishN for months that not to get that stuff :roll: I'm glad others have said the same thing as well.

fishnfever

wingshooter1002 said:
just telling you what i have personally experienced. not what i have heard. another thing i dont like about spiderwire is it tends to swell pretty bad

I really appreciate it! I am glad I mentioned here what I was going to use. Now it saves me from spooling it, taking it off and re-spooling it... also, it might have cut into my pole and then I'd be crying lol

Latest posts