Craigslist score for a tach.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrackerTom

Reaction score
Well I found out that even though my motor supports smartcraft and one day when business is better and my want list is considerably shorter I may pony up and buy one of the new mercmonitors. However, for now I found that it does have a lead near the controls that does have a analog tach signal. I found a Autometer marine tach on craigslist for a DEAL, $25 and it looks like new. I verified with Mercury that it supports the right number of pulses and snagged it. I can't wait to get it installed before the weekend so I can finally test my prop for rpm's. Woohoo craigslist.

Craigslist rocks!! There's always what you need and 1000's of things you didn't know you needed. Good luck with the tach.

I'm stoked that it was an autometer one. As a prior racing guy, I know they make good stuff.

Attachments

• Autometer Tach.jpg
    Autometer Tach.jpg
    532.9 KB · Views: 875
Hey Tom, How about some pics of the whole boat and all the new mods... :mrgreen: Very good score on that tach for 25.00...

Leonard, I sent you a message on GON asking for your email address so I could send you some the other night. PM it to me when you get a chance on either site. I'll start another thread and post up some pics here too, but it will probably be a little later.

Tom

Latest posts