Bass Boat Conversion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreadinger

Reaction score
I have seen a lot of projects that convert jon boats to bass boats but has anyone converted a bass boat to a boat with just a floor ( no raised decks)? I am considering doing this to my 16' tin boat.

dyeguy1212 said:
sounds like a shame to me... like taking the... ummm... pretty face... off a woman.

Amen Brother! But I would add...removing her breasts & flattening out her tush too. :wink:
Why not just get a Jon Boat & save yourself the hassle & cost of converting a Bass Boat? :?:

Its all a matter of preference. If i had a bass boat That needed to be rebuilt i would built it to suit MY NEEDS Not anyone elses. Personally i think it would be pretty cool. Most guys do the same thing with jon boat by removing the middle bench seat so they can have more open space. Sounds ecatly like the kinda boat i want man nice open deck :D Show us some pics and we can guid you in the right direction as to how to go about getting it done.
Joe 8)

I can sympathize with satisfying your needs (check out my post on ""New" boat..new mod Aspirations"). People say "don't cut up that boat"," it's cool little boat" etc..but at the same time others tell me that the boat really isn't worth much even IF I do restore it. ](*,). In short, sentimentality is nice but doesn't meet either my fishing or monetary needs. I simply want a fishing boat that (like you said) fulfills my needs. But the difference is, one is a boat that was built for fishing (bass boat) & he wants to dramatically change that. Whereas I have a run-about boat that was primarily built for pleasure cruising & such & I want to change it for more practical fishing applications.

You need to do some fairly thorough inspection of the structure underneath your decks. A lot of those boats use them as their main source of structural rigidity instead of having the standard jon boat ribbing underneath.

I had a Lowe Bass Catcher Pro that was that way. Remove the decks (which had to be replaced once) and the entire boat sprang out.

Latest posts